Softball

0-0 bottom of the third, OU batting. Baylor's pitcher Selman is looking pretty salty, our girls haven't been able to do much so far.

Still deadlocked 0-0, through 4 innings.
OU had a good chance to plate a run in the bottom of the 4th with runners at 1st & 3rd, but Pendley fouled out to the left fielder to end the inning.

6 complete, 2 hits for each team, still deadlocked.

Very impressed with the Baylor pitcher Selman, she is pitching a heckuva game, as is Paige.

Who's gonna win this thing?

Very surprised to see Gasso lift Paige i the top of the 7th, one out and baserunner at 1st.

Parker has been extremely effective, with 6 Ks, 3 hits and a shutout. Will see whether Patty made a boo boo here...

No surprise, Patty knows what she's doing. Side retired. Baylor 123 in the top of the 8th, hope we can win it in the bottom here...

Uncharacteristic mistakes by the sooners today.

Going to the top of the tenth 1-1

That was close OU-3
Baylor-2

OU wins on a two run double in the tenth by Aviu

:woot:woot

Last edited:
WOW!!! whatta rally in the bottom of the 10th to win it! I thought that the Sooners were dead in the water, but they kept fighting back!

It might be said that the Baylor manager left his ace in just a little too long, she was obviously tiring after pitching 10 innings.

Kinda felt sorry for Selman, she pitched a heckuva game. That look on her face after giving up the winning 2 RBI double, though, would have curdled milk~ :)

Mendes and Aviu finally had hits with runners on base. We couldn't move anyone once they got to second until Mendes doubled. Then, Aviu doubles in the next inning. Big, big hits. Baylor must be crushed. They knew they had it won.

Yesterday, Iowa State 2 Texas 1

WOW!!! whatta rally in the bottom of the 10th to win it! I thought that the Sooners were dead in the water, but they kept fighting back!

It might be said that the Baylor manager left his ace in just a little too long, she was obviously tiring after pitching 10 innings.

Yeah, she was starting to lose her edge.....

I wondered about lifting Parker and Wodach.....defensive liabilities of the other catchers almost cost the sooners.

And our batters jumping on the first pitch when their pitcher was starting to struggle left me smh. But, we won....and that was a huge win.

Last edited:
Mendes and Aviu finally had hits with runners on base. We couldn't move anyone once they got to second until Mendes doubled. Then, Aviu doubles in the next inning. Big, big hits. Baylor must be crushed. They knew they had it won.

Yesterday, Iowa State 2 Texas 1

I believe Connie HAS to be on the hot seat! TX is 3-7 in Big 12 and hasn't played Hypocrite U yet! It's a long shot for them to make NCAA tourney at this point, I believe.

I believe Connie HAS to be on the hot seat! TX is 3-7 in Big 12 and hasn't played Hypocrite U yet! It's a long shot for them to make NCAA tourney at this point, I believe.
I don't think they are playing up to their talent.

After retiring to the lake for a few years I moved to Norman where I could go to multiple OU events including plays, speakers, continuous ed events and about 100 sporting events/year in all sports. Love to watch kids compete so it is a blast. We have some up believable coaches coaching secondary sports.

. . . . .

That is wonderful! Great quality of life there, living in Norman.

Strength of schedule playing in the Big 12 a killer. UCLA has 5 more losses than OU but also have multiple quality wins. All of OU's losses are quality losses except the two to Cal Poly.

UCLA has 8 (Kentucky, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Washington-2, and Oregon-2) quality wins while the Sooners have 3(UCLA, Arkansas and Baylor). We need a sweep Sunday.

Girls finally got their bats going in the 10th today. Nice win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back