Sooners and Badgers Clash on Thanksgiving

“Oklahoma didn’t get dismantled like this last year.”

Does anybody besides me remember a few games where we got kicked at least this badly last year? Manhattan, Lawrence, & Waco off the top of my head for starters.

There were 3 losses by more than 13 points last season, and they are the games you mention.

74-104 .. Loss at Kansas
64-87 .... Loss at Baylor
69-87 .... Loss at K-State

The next worse loss was at West Virginia by 13 (76-89). OU lost multiple games last season by 11 points, including the home game against Texas.

We lost by more than 13 points last year a total of 3 times (K State, Baylor and Kansas).

In the other 11 losses our average loss was 7.5 points.

Last edited:
We learned some things about the team today. Not a good day but hopefully they can learn from it and get better. We can’t have no-shows from Manek and McNeace and expect to win many games this year. Wisconsin shot 64% from 3, also not good. We have to defend the perimeter a little better.

Still glad we played this game instead of beating up on a weak team. We need to keep working and get better.

There were 3 losses by more than 13 points last season, and they are the games you mention.

74-104 .. Loss at Kansas
64-87 .... Loss at Baylor
69-87 .... Loss at K-State

The next worse loss was at West Virginia by 13 (76-89). OU lost multiple games last season by 11 points, including the home game against Texas.

Yep. His comment wasn't too far off base.

We learned some things about the team today. Not a good day but hopefully they can learn from it and get better. We can’t have no-shows from Manek and McNeace and expect to win many games this year. Wisconsin shot 64% from 3, also not good. We have to defend the perimeter a little better.

Still glad we played this game instead of beating up on a weak team. We need to keep working and get better.

agreed. McNeace has got to get better! We badly need a consistent, productive post guy, and this year he's been all over the place thus far. I'm thankful today for James being a consistent senior leader this year, and the addition of Calixte and Jamal B.

I want to see improvement offensively from:
Manek
McNeace
Dolittle
Reynolds

Can/will this happen? We will see. If our guys put defense as a priority throughout the ENTIRE game, and these guys step up some offensively, I think we will be better than last year's team, and maybe even win a NCAA tourney game!

Next year will be a free for all, with all the youth coming in!

Played the right strategy to take Happ out of the game.... But gave up all the 3s... Have to pick one or hope they miss. That's the benefit of having a guy like Happ. Didn't work out for OU today. No big deal.

Bad 22 minutes to finish out, but can still leave with a hugely successful trip if we beat Dayton tomorrow.

Let’s revisit this in a few months when ou is about 7-7.

Regardless of record, I prefer this style of play

I didn’t enjoy watching OU late last season. Less than the year before when they were 11-20

I'm glad the Florida game happened before this game. Can you imagine the meltdown on this board if OU's first game against a quality opponent was a 20-point beatdown?

I think our offense will be an issue all year. Defense let us down a bit in the 2nd half but you have to score some times in basketball and we are just not that good at scoring outside of Christian James.

They finished 2-9 last year with all the action revolving around a freshman who everyone knew wasn’t coming back

The year prior, despite being terrible, you felt like they were rebuilding around 2 freshmen as their go-to guys. Clearly they didn’t pan out. But was more worth my viewing time

they finished 2-9 last year with all the action revolving around a freshman who everyone knew wasn’t coming back

the year prior, despite being terrible, you felt like they were rebuilding around 2 freshmen as their go-to guys. Clearly they didn’t pan out. But was more worth my viewing time

+100

They finished 2-9 last year with all the action revolving around a freshman who everyone knew wasn’t coming back

The year prior, despite being terrible, you felt like they were rebuilding around 2 freshmen as their go-to guys. Clearly they didn’t pan out. But was more worth my viewing time

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think most fans would rather see their team make the dance instead of finishing sub .500. The fan attendance differential between the two seasons supports my assertion, as well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think most fans would rather see their team make the dance instead of finishing sub .500. The fan attendance differential between the two seasons supports my assertion, as well.

All built on the start of last year.

I stated “late” season. Team turned into trash and many fans didn’t even want them to get a bid. Not that that matters. Those posts are still here.

using LNC attendance to support theories is rather dubious. more people watch games on TV than attend anyway so there's no telling which factors decide. I know many people who like this team better already.

I stated “late” season. Team turned into trash and many fans didn’t even want them to get a bid. Not that that matters. Those posts are still here.

Yeah, the first half of the season was some of the most exciting OU hoops in school history, by all accounts. We were the talk of the sports world. Yes, the second half was painful, but it was a successful season that will continue to pay dividends through TY’s success. The year prior was not what I would call a successful season but that’s just my opinion.

I am excited to see how this year turns out. I am worried that the difficult schedule could result in a poor record, though.

Any "fan" that didn't want OU to get a bid last year is a jackass and should quit watching sports

Back