Sooners and Badgers Clash on Thanksgiving

using LNC attendance to support theories is rather dubious. more people watch games on TV than attend anyway so there's no telling which factors decide. I know many people who like this team better already.

Okay, so you feel that attendance is a less reliable measure than the people you know?! :facepalm

Okay, so you feel that attendance is a less reliable measure than the people you know?! :facepalm

some people will go no matter if they are happy or not and some will not go whether they are happy or not. for some the weather is the determiner and for others it is money made that week. to make an assumption that their happiness with the way the team is playing has a direct correlation to their attendance would actually require verification given other factors.

Last edited:
some people will go no matter if they are happy or not and some will not go whether they are happy or not. for some the weather is the determiner and for others it is money made that week. to make an assumption that their happiness with the way the team is playing has a direct correlation to their attendance would actually require verification given other factors.

That makes no sense. You just bs'd a response, and you know it. The "determiner?"

I'll give you a hint: it's a more reliable measure than "the people you know." See, that's how statistics work (statistician here). In just a few short years, you could control for all those things you say "determine" whether someone goes to a game or not, such as "weather, money, etc." It would make no sense for attendance to rise from one year to the next based on the factors you've included. But hey, what do I know. I'm just a statistician!

Regardless of record, I prefer this style of play

I didn’t enjoy watching OU late last season. Less than the year before when they were 11-20

I don't give a crap what style they play, as long as they are talented and winning games.

I've known and do know many OU basketball fans who are more concerned about watching enjoyable ball then whether or not the team makes the ncaa's. I dont care if you're a statistician or a psychic or a player or a coach. I know it to be true so I really don't give a crap what your job is. And you can argue about it 'til the cows come home but you still will be WRONG. accept the fact that not everyone is like you and move the &#%@ on.

I've known and do know many OU basketball fans who are more concerned about watching enjoyable ball then whether or not the team makes the ncaa's. I dont care if you're a statistician or a psychic or a player or a coach. I know it to be true so I really don't give a crap what your job is. And you can argue about it 'til the cows come home but you still will be WRONG. accept the fact that not everyone is like you and move the &#%@ on.

No one said you and your friends aren’t allowed to have an opinion. It was stated that the vast majority of fans want to see the Sooners win enough games to make the tournament, regardless of the style of play.

Which wasn’t the case in 2018.

They won enough games to make the tournament. That is the minimum standard here at OU. I don’t care if it is heart, hustle and hardwood like Sampson or a team of one and doners.

using LNC attendance to support theories is rather dubious. more people watch games on TV than attend anyway so there's no telling which factors decide. I know many people who like this team better already.

When Blake and Buddy were in town, you couldn’t find a seat regardless of the weather. The Trae young show was similar. The craptastic season after the final four you could get a free ticket and sit in the front row.

When Blake and Buddy were in town, you couldn’t find a seat regardless of the weather. The Trae young show was similar. The craptastic season after the final four you could get a free ticket and sit in the front row.

I generally agree although I wouldn't go quite that far. Sadly, it's never been too difficult to get a seat, even in our Final Four seasons. But there is no question that winning is the single biggest thing that most fans care about. Style is a secondary concern for the vast majority of people. Sampson and Tubbs coached very different styles of basketball, but when they were at their peak, they both had the LNC alive.

Last edited:
you guys DO realize that the great majority of OU fans dont go to the games, right?? and not as some kind of slam on OU or any school - just a fact.

They won enough games to make the tournament. That is the minimum standard here at OU. I don’t care if it is heart, hustle and hardwood like Sampson or a team of one and doners.
I was referring to them going 7-13 once the calendar hit January (2018)

Back