State of Oklahoma Prospects 2011, 2012, 2013(THIS IS AN OLD THREAD)

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Many Sooner fans have been asking about possible OU-level prospects from the home state. While we were all spoiled by the vast array of talent that the state produced in the 2009 class, Oklahoma talent has taken a major hit during the 2010 recruiting year. Fortunately, the future looks bright in the Sooner State.

Below are a list of some potential mid to high major guys coming out of the state for 2011, 2012, and 2013. Thanks to Coach Pete Abbott and Coach Stu Hendricks for helping to make this list. I am sure we will be able to add to it over time.

2011 - Dominique Raney - Putnam City, 6-4, SG
2011 - Josh Richardson - Edmond Sante Fe, 6-5, Wing
2011 - Tray Jordana - OKC Southeast, 6-6, Wing/SF
2011 - Marquise Buxton-Hill - Douglass, 6-8, PF/Center
2011 - Devonte Smith - Douglass, 5-10, PG
2011 - Ronquis Lewis - Midwest City, 6-5, Wing
2011 - Kentrell Brothers - Guthrie, 6-2, Wing
2011 - Brandon Lucas - Southmoore, 6-4, G/Wing
2011 - Ryan Spangler - Bridge Creek, 6-7, PF
2011 - Dominique Manuel - Douglass, 6-0, CG
2011 - Drew Wilson - East Central, 6-5, Wing/SF
2011 - Steve Hamilton - Edison, 6-6, SF
2011 - Dorrian Williams - Douglass, 6-2 , G

2012 - Nino Jackson - NW Classen, 6-1, CG
2012 - Tre Payne - Putnam City, 6-3, SG
2012 - Matt Christiansen - Bishop Mcguinness, 6-8, C
2012 - Aaron Anderson - Edmond Santa Fe, 6-3, SG
2012 - Garrett Hermanski - Edmond Deer Creek, 6-4, Wing/SF
2012 - Sean Young - Bixby, 6-10, C
2012 - Que Paris - Lawton Mac, 6-3, SG
2012 - Jacob Bullard - Vinita, 6-4, Wing
2012 - Brandon Brantley - Tulsa Washington, 5-11, PG
2012 - Cody Crase - Jenks, 6-0, PG
2012 - Michael Onuoha - Edmond Sante Fe, 6-7, PF
2012 - Jacob Bittle - Bixby, 6-2, PG

2013 - Stevie "Scooter" Clark - Douglass, 5-9, PG
2013 - Tanner Tepe - Piedmont, 6-2, SG
2013 - Shaquille Morris - Edmond Deer Creek, 6-7, PF
2013 - Juwan Parker - Tulsa Washington, 6-5, Wing
2013 - Zach Rodgers - Holland Hall, 6-5, PF

Nino Jackson is going to be a possible big time player. Hopefully he will grow a little more. Scooter and Parker are two names to stow away in the memory bank.

Edit: Added a few more 2012 kids including some more from the eastern side of the state.

Last edited:
Re: State of Oklahoma Prospects 2011, 2012, 2013

Henzo,

You have any to add, or any comment on any of the guys on the list? I don't get the feeling that anyone outside of Raney (maybe) will be OUesque in the 2011 class, but I do think that some of those 2011 kids will get some good D1 offers.

I know I don't post much on this site but really enjoy the information a lot. Also this site is very informative on OU hoops. One question on this this list, it appears to be very heavy on OKC area players but 2 players. Are there no players in Tulsa or other areas of Oklahoma that have the talent to be included on this list?

I know I don't post much on this site but really enjoy the information a lot. Also this site is very informative on OU hoops. One question on this this list, it appears to be very heavy on OKC area players but 2 players. Are there no players in Tulsa or other areas of Oklahoma that have the talent to be included on this list?

Welcome to the board, ken. Good question, and one that I agree with. I will work on adding to it, and will make sure to ask about more Tulsa guys. Parker from Washington has a chance to be really good, and word is that he is concentrating soley on hoops.

This is good stuff, thanks BigTime and all other contributors! It's always exciting to know the potential Oklahoma D-1 prospects and see them mature as the years go on. Hopefully some of these guys can suit up in the crimson and cream someday.

I would also like to know if this is an OKC-centric list or if other areas just have a dearth of talent. I know from a recent Tulsa World blog post that Tulsa Memorial is the highest ranked team in the state, per some national publication, going into the current season, but I'm not sure what the level of talent is and how it is distributed amongst the players.

Thanks Big Time, It would be great to know of Tulsa area players. Since I live in the Tulsa area, it would be nice to be able to follow them and see how the progress and who could possibly be OU worthy.

This is good stuff, thanks BigTime and all other contributors! It's always exciting to know the potential Oklahoma D-1 prospects and see them mature as the years go on. Hopefully some of these guys can suit up in the crimson and cream someday.

I would also like to know if this is an OKC-centric list or if other areas just have a dearth of talent. I know from a recent Tulsa World blog post that Tulsa Memorial is the highest ranked team in the state, per some national publication, going into the current season, but I'm not sure what the level of talent is and how it is distributed amongst the players.

Glad you are interested, Mackie. I really want to see Oklahoma High Schoolers get more pub and promotion, as it seems like that is lacking as compared to Kansas, Texas, and Arkansas prospects. I will be moving to Tulsa next summer, so I hope to be able to take in a lot of the Tulsa area scene and network with some coaches and recruiting guys over there.

Kentrell Brothers is a good basketball player who went to alot of top flight camps as a youth, but will most likely be a top 100 national football prospect at LB. His younger brother is decent as well.

One kid I would add to the 2013 list would be Zack Rodgers from Holland Hall. I have been watching Juwan Parker and Rodgers for years and there is no doubt in my mind that Zack is a better player. He is about a 6'6 post player with very advanced skill.

One kid I would add to the 2013 list would be Zack Rodgers from Holland Hall. I have been watching Juwan Parker and Rodgers for years and there is no doubt in my mind that Zack is a better player. He is about a 6'6 post player with very advanced skill.

Thanks, I will do some research on him. Is he a guy that is focusing on basketball?

Add to that list Dorrian Williams and Dominique Manuel from Douglass who many consider better prospects than Smith. There is also a kid from Southmoore who is supposedly pretty good.

Nice job putting this list together, BT. Much appreciated! :clap

Dominique Raney is the only player I recognize. I saw him play a couple of times last year and he looked pretty good to me. Anyone know if OU has an interest?

Add to that list Dorrian Williams and Dominique Manuel from Douglass who many consider better prospects than Smith. There is also a kid from Southmoore who is supposedly pretty good.

All three are great prospects. Ive seen them all play. Trojans should be loaded this year

One more big man to add to the list

Class of 2011 Ryan Spangler from Bridge Creek 6'7"/220

Class of 2011 Steve Hamilton Tulsa Edison if Im not mistaking he is related to Wayman Tisdale

Kentrell Brothers is a good basketball player who went to alot of top flight camps as a youth, but will most likely be a top 100 national football prospect at LB. His younger brother is decent as well.

Kentrell loves both sports it'll be interesting to see which way he leans. Kid already has 2 (5a) state basketball titles & looking for a third this year.

BT,

As always thanks for the info...

AS

dalen Qualls from stratford isnt he supposed to be the next Pag/clark. averaged 30 a game last year as a soph.?

One more big man to add to the list

Class of 2011 Ryan Spangler from Bridge Creek 6'7"/220

Class of 2011 Steve Hamilton Tulsa Edison if Im not mistaking he is related to Wayman Tisdale

Yeah, I meant to put Spangler down....I was told about him. I will check on Hamilton.

I am really looking foward to watching Douglass play this year. I plan to go to several games.

OK, a topic I can add to for once, haha.

Let's start with Memorial. Shocked at their "national ranking". They have only one guy back and he is Cameron Downing. Cam is a 6'8 post player who needs to get a lot tougher. He will probably go mid major just based on size. I am not sure he can play at that level though.

2012 - big kid from McGuiness is a big body but not a very good player right now. He reminds me of Frankenstein. Has time to improve though.

Rodgers from HH. You might be the only person in Tulsa who thinks he is better than Parker right now. Big Time, Rodgers is the kid that left Holland Hall for BTW only to leave after a few weeks. I have heard the reasons but I think he found out BTW is not what was promised to him by others. Rodgers is a big kid but also looks like he won't grow much more.

Parker has the chance to be good however he is already bulking up quite a bit and I am afraid he is an early bloomer size wize. He is about 6'3 or 6'4 now. He is probably the next chance for Tulsa to have a high level player.

Crase at Jenks. If this is who I think it is, I see him as a nice player who could have a good career at a D-2 school. Heady player, lacks footspeed and needs an athletic guard to play off of.

Tulsa is just DOWN when it comes to high school basketball talent right now.

One guy you do need to add though is Drew Wilson of East Central. He is a 6'5 f/g that TU and others are looking at. He is a 2011 guy.

Muskogee has a kid that looks great in a uni but doesn't always play hard enough. His name is Wilson also and he is also a 2011 kid. Good athlete, great leaper.

Last edited:

Yeah, I meant to put Spangler down....I was told about him. I will check on Hamilton.

I am really looking foward to watching Douglass play this year. I plan to go to several games.

Bigtime if you are checking on Hamilton you will want to ask for Pooh. That is what he goes by. 6'3 forward in high school. He attempts to play like a guard also, however not sure he can translate to that position in college.

Back