State of Oklahoma Prospects 2011, 2012, 2013(THIS IS AN OLD THREAD)

Re: State of Oklahoma Prospects 2011, 2012, 2013

Bixby has 2 underclassmen that schools will look at.

I don't know the juniors name however he is 6'5 and has had injury issues in the past. He looked healthy at the scrimmages this past weekend and moves well for his size. I could see him translating to the 3 spot in college.

They have a soph who is a coaches son and a good player. He isn't overly athletic right now however was a good player last year in 6A and looked like he was 12 years old. His last name is Bittle. He is about 6'2 or so now and growing. His father is 6'4 or 6'5 and his son is very heady. Shoots the ball well and will be a very good player when he finally hits that age where his strength and explosion catch up to his growth spurt.

Thanks, I will do some research on him. Is he a guy that is focusing on basketball?

Rodgers ran track last year and tried to high jump.

He left for BTW for a couple weeks but is now back at Holland Hall. He will have to play more than one sport at HH unless the rules have changed.

I think Douglass has the chance to be the best team in the state. They also have a set of twins who are both 6'5-6 who most people at the school think are the most talented kids there. They just don't know if they can stay eligible. If they are then Douglass has a crazy deep and athletic team. They are going to be really tough to beat at the 4A level.

Wathced two EXTREMELY young kids from Bishop McGinnis warming up that certainly looked the part. Full head taller than any kid out there, athletic and each looked like they could grow anywhere from 6-8" still (and both were around the 6ft mark already). Had to miss the game, but those two stuck out in my mind.

What year is Bittle? I have a guy talk him up to me, but forgot to get his year.

I added Rodgers. The report I got on him was pretty inconclusive. He couldn't play during the AAU season because of an injured hand, but I heard some good things about his game.

I also added Wilson from East Central.

I have heard Drew Wilson (East Central, Tulsa) can jump out of the gym and has a developing jump shot. I heard he is 6'6'' right now though, not 6'5''.

Tulsa and ORU want him to commit right now, but he is going to wait and see if he can get big offers after AAU ball.

Wathced two EXTREMELY young kids from Bishop McGinnis warming up that certainly looked the part. Full head taller than any kid out there, athletic and each looked like they could grow anywhere from 6-8" still (and both were around the 6ft mark already). Had to miss the game, but those two stuck out in my mind.

Was one of the guards named Joe Edmonds? I have heard good things about his game.

Haha, this cracked me up just because it's so hard to project how two EXTREMELY young kids will grow. Drew Haymaker is the case to remember here. He was All World as an 8th grader because he was a montstrous, and ends up being a D-2 player because he never grew anymore and other kids passed him athletically.

I'm not taking anything away from Parker, I just think Rodgers is better. In all honesty, Parker is not very skilled offensively, but his defense and athletic ability are off the charts. Rogers is not as good defensively or athletic wise, but when it comes to basketball skill, Rogers has it all. He has a variety of post moves, the best left hand I have seen from a big man, and a great shot from mid-range and the free throw line. Also brettromar, you are way off on why Rogers left BTW. I know him and his family personally and he had a variety of reasons for leaving. Last thing is that you may think he is done growing when in reality he is estimated to be 6'9 to 6'11. His dad is 6'6 and his mom is 6'1 to 6'2.

I'm not taking anything away from Parker, I just think Rodgers is better. In all honesty, Parker is not very skilled offensively, but his defense and athletic ability are off the charts. Rogers is not as good defensively or athletic wise, but when it comes to basketball skill, Rogers has it all. He has a variety of post moves, the best left hand I have seen from a big man, and a great shot from mid-range and the free throw line. Also brettromar, you are way off on why Rogers left BTW. I know him and his family personally and he had a variety of reasons for leaving. Last thing is that you may think he is done growing when in reality he is estimated to be 6'9 to 6'11. His dad is 6'6 and his mom is 6'1 to 6'2.

Like nearly every other young, talented kid, how tall he grows will go along ways to sealing his fate for where he will be recruited. Good to hear that he has tall parents. I heard he is around 6-5 right now. I am going to go watch him play a couple times this year....

Romar,

That's too bad regarding Tulsa being down right now. Hopefully there will be some late bloomers.

Like nearly every other young, talented kid, how tall he grows will go along ways to sealing his fate for where he will be recruited. Good to hear that he has tall parents. I heard he is around 6-5 right now. I am going to go watch him play a couple times this year....

I agree 100 percent on the heigth deal. If he grows to be 6'9 or taller I believe he is a major D-1 talent. Even before he left BTW, he was starting for them in summer ball.

I agree 100 percent on the heigth deal. If he grows to be 6'9 or taller I believe he is a major D-1 talent. Even before he left BTW, he was starting for them in summer ball.

Heard BTW was not what he was promised. Were they still living in Jenks because if so he wouldn't have been able to play for BTW anyways.

I know the main reason he went to BTW along with his other teamates. I know about the other ones on that team that tried to go also but couldn't get in. Their AAU coach is now a new assistant on the staff. You would be surprised how much I know since I have known Shea since high school. I used to workout with him at the gym when he was getting ready for the draft. I also am good friends with one of the old assistants at BTW.

Starting for BTW in summer ball? They had to since they promised him that this past year trying to get him there. Who else is going to start? Have you seen BTW's post players this year? They are even trying to play Parker inside some.

Parker is head and shoulders better right now. I talked personally with Coach Hoffman this past year about Tulsa kids. He is the recruiter for the Tulsa area and was asking about different kids with a friend of mine. Not trying to name drop here, just that I am not the only one who thinks Parker is the best easily. The other basketball guy was saying the same thing to Hoffman. He has coached so many D-1 guys he knows what he is talking about. He also runs the tournaments you go to all summer long here in Tulsa.

I have seen both play since they were little and I bet I have seen your team play too. I know too many of the Titans coaches and players. I have known officer Lewis for too long.

TulsaTitan, he reminds me a lot of Vince Boncaldo. They were saying all the same things about him when he was a 6'6 freshman post man.

Hopefully he grows and has a good career at Holland Hall. That is a school I spent many a hour shooting in. I think it is the best school and situation for him.

Last edited:

Hey you guys got my boy Drew Wilson on there. I am one of the coaches at E.C. Thanks BT

Hey you guys got my boy Drew Wilson on there. I am one of the coaches at E.C. Thanks BT

%7B4E697914-BAB2-4E4E-9B42-B238C9EB063B%7DImg100.jpg

Also Drew is a 2012 prospect. He is currently a Junior

Ur a clown big

Also Drew is a 2012 prospect. He is currently a Junior

If he is currently a junior, then he would be 2011 right? Is he 2012 or 2011? Thanks

No bc this season is 10/11 his senior year is 2011-2012

Ur a clown big

I got destroyed by the Bulls last night in 2k10... This guy was insane on defense. I went 0-9 from the 3pt line and didnt get any open looks. He beat me by about 20. I couldnt get a freakin rebound all night. The Raptors are terrible on the glass.

Last edited:
Back