State of Oklahoma Prospects 2011, 2012, 2013(THIS IS AN OLD THREAD)

Re: State of Oklahoma Prospects 2011, 2012, 2013

Big Time, Bittle is a soph.

BASOONER, if you read the first page I threw Drew out there before ABD, haha.

He looked good at the Hardwood. It was fun talking with you guys at the JV scrimmages. See you at the Jenks scrimmage.

Last edited:

Haha, this cracked me up just because it's so hard to project how two EXTREMELY young kids will grow. Drew Haymaker is the case to remember here. He was All World as an 8th grader because he was a montstrous, and ends up being a D-2 player because he never grew anymore and other kids passed him athletically.

I hear you, these kids just looked like they had more growth in the future. If I really wanted to go off, I'd say watch out for Baron Hopgood who is in elementary at OCS...uncle was about 6'10" and this kid is bigger [and better] at the same age. He is an OU lien [ha ha!].

I hear you, these kids just looked like they had more growth in the future. If I really wanted to go off, I'd say watch out for Baron Hopgood who is in elementary at OCS...uncle was about 6'10" and this kid is bigger [and better] at the same age. He is an OU lien [ha ha!].

LOL. His dad's name is Baron too, right? The Hopgood good boys had some talent and one of the best basketball names ever!! :) The OCU team in '94 or '95 was one of the best basketball teams I've seen on the small college level. All 5 starters were D-1 transfers from major schools and even had one off the bench.

%7B4E697914-BAB2-4E4E-9B42-B238C9EB063B%7DImg100.jpg

:clap

LOL. His dad's name is Baron too, right? The Hopgood good boys had some talent and one of the best basketball names ever!! :) The OCU team in '94 or '95 was one of the best basketball teams I've seen on the small college level. All 5 starters were D-1 transfers from major schools and even had one off the bench.

Yep. I worked with his ex-wife for years and they are still a client. Kid has skillz!

BA coaches him, he knows this.

Hey I tried to help BA Sooner get a job with the good guys.

I know he coaches him however his students are screwed when the teacher doesn't even know what year it is right now. :clap

I'm not taking anything away from Parker, I just think Rodgers is better. In all honesty, Parker is not very skilled offensively, but his defense and athletic ability are off the charts. Rogers is not as good defensively or athletic wise, but when it comes to basketball skill, Rogers has it all. He has a variety of post moves, the best left hand I have seen from a big man, and a great shot from mid-range and the free throw line. Also brettromar, you are way off on why Rogers left BTW. I know him and his family personally and he had a variety of reasons for leaving. Last thing is that you may think he is done growing when in reality he is estimated to be 6'9 to 6'11. His dad is 6'6 and his mom is 6'1 to 6'2.

The TPS schools recruit like crazy.

Last edited:

BA coaches him, he knows this.

I am glad you pointed that out to me since I know the guy outside the board and tried to help him find a job this summer.

By the way, if he knows this, then why did he post it wrong?

Can you please tell me more about about brandon lucas from southmoore because i heard he is an absolute D-1 prospect

Well, I believe you should tell us about yourself, Big B----randon.

Can you please tell me more about about brandon lucas from southmoore because i heard he is an absolute D-1 prospect

BigB,

Welcome to the board. I will ask around about Lucas. I can't wait to get out and watch all these guys play and get some YouTube video of them.

Thank you. Just wondering because my friend was talking to me about this kid. Oh and for the other comment, my name is BJ thank you very much.

Thank you. Just wondering because my friend was talking to me about this kid. Oh and for the other comment, my name is BJ thank you very much.

Eric Bossi on Phog mentioned Lucas as one of the best prospects in OK and one to watch this next year. I've heard that he's a really nice athlete. Southmoore could have a really good team this year.

Eric Bossi on Phog mentioned Lucas as one of the best prospects in OK and one to watch this next year. I've heard that he's a really nice athlete. Southmoore could have a really good team this year.

I watched Southmoore last year at the state tournament, I have no clue who you are talking about. Is he new? Did they recruit as well in basketball as they did in football?

I watched Southmoore last year at the state tournament, I have no clue who you are talking about. Is he new? Did they recruit as well in basketball as they did in football?

LOL, probably! I haven't seen him play just passing along second hand info. I will see him play this year, my nephew plays for Westmoore.

Agree with you on Jacob Parker and Jacob Bittle. Great players! They have a s6'10" soph named Sean Young who's starting to take off. Two alley-oops in the first two minutes of play at the Port City Tourney this past weekend looked really good.

Who is the kid from Putnam City West? A friend of mine, who is a football coach at PC North, said they had a 6-8 player that was pretty good. Isn't PCW #3 in 6A this year?

I'm going to try to make the PC/PCW game this friday at PC. The last time they played PCW won by 1.

It's been a long time since the Patriots had a good squad. We were tough as hell back in the early to mid 70s.

Back