State of Oklahoma's 2010 recruits??

lmg088

Reaction score
I just posted this on the other site and wanted to see what you all think.

I was just looking through scouts site on there 2010 rankings and noticed there weren't any oklahomans in it. So I continued on to the next page, then the next page,.... and so on. After I had looked through the 3* I decided to just search for them. The search only resulted in 2-1*'s!!

I know that Oklahoma can have its ups and downs, but Oklahoma usually has at least a couple of 4* and 5* and at the very least a few 3*.

I don't keep up with high school basketball in Oklahoma to much, but is this true? Or is it just a lack of coverage?

Cameron Downing of Memorial will have a chance to be a high major based on his size. Probably a mid major recruit.

And I know it is early for the 2011 class but scout has already given around 200 player a star ranking from 5 to 2 stars, but not one is an oklahoman. In fact they only list 3 profiles of oklahomans.

I know you can't really compare future classes to class that have already graduated, but the only other year close to this was '05 when there were 3-3* and 1-2*.

Last edited:
It's going to be a little bit of a drought. Monte Brown is a 5 yr Senior in Connecticut who is originally from Mounds Oklahoma and he is a high major recruit. We have to see how some of these kids grow. Dalen Qualls is a 2012 kid that should be watched over the next year or so, and quite frankly, no one covers kids from some of urban schools such as Grant and Classen. I heard either Classen or Grant had really nice young players, and PC west is suppose to have some nice guys too. If some of these guys were at PCO or MWC, they may have gotten a little more buzz.

Eric Bossi of Scouts worked with AF to organize a combine for Oklahoma Players.

http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/850147.html

Raney from PC is going to be a high major recruit in 2011. OU is keeping close tabs on him.

I am also disappointed with the lack of quality in the 2010 class. We all got pretty spoiled with this year's class.

So basically, for the next few years it looks like there might be a couple of what I guess you would call regional recruits who might get interest from some high major schools in the region. But most likey not any major national recruits, i.e. top 150 players.

So basically, for the next few years it looks like there might be a couple of what I guess you would call regional recruits who might get interest from some high major schools in the region. But most likey not any major national recruits, i.e. top 150 players.

I would call Raney a top 150 type of guy. He is in the Kyle Hardrick range (not the 5 star, 7 footer Hardrick, but the 6'6 learning to play wing Hardrick).

I would call Raney a top 150 type of guy. He is in the Kyle Hardrick range (not the 5 star, 7 footer Hardrick, but the 6'6 learning to play wing Hardrick).

The Kyle Hardrick of a couple of years ago with a lot of potentional or the Kyle of today who has fallen out of the rivals 150?

The Kyle Hardrick of a couple of years ago with a lot of potentional or the Kyle of today who has fallen out of the rivals 150?

Closer to the latter by far. Raney has some pretty good potential though. He has had to play second fiddle to X Henry for the past couple of years, so this year will be his to shine.

Back