Steve Alford has New Mexico at 9-0....

thebigabd

Reaction score
They have beaten Miami of Ohio by 25, LA Tech by 29, California by 8, and just won at San Diego.

Darrington Hobson (a juco transfer) is averaging 17 points and 8 rebounds per game in his first year... He had a monster 22 and 15 game against California.

They have games against Texas A&M (neutral court), Texas Tech (at home), Oral Roberts (in Tulsa), and Dayton (at home) coming up.

We get it. You like Juco players.
beat_dead_horse2.jpg

I actually mentioned him because DM said he was a thug but at one time was being recruited by OU...

Looks like Iowa made a mistake firing Alford.

I actually mentioned him because DM said he was a thug but at one time was being recruited by OU...

Looks like Iowa made a mistake firing Alford.

I don't personally know Butter, but from all the talk from people in Texas, he was/is very thuggish. Unfortunately some thugs can hoop, and shoot, and rob..........

Maybe you could start a thread that's solely dedicated to how former JUCO players are doing in Div. 1. I think that ought to take care of it for anyone interested.

Maybe you could start a thread that's solely dedicated to how former JUCO players are doing in Div. 1. I think that ought to take care of it for anyone interested.

You know what would make that thread even better? If you only update it when juco's have good games and omit it when they have bad games.

They have beaten Miami of Ohio by 25, LA Tech by 29, California by 8, and just won at San Diego.

Darrington Hobson (a juco transfer) is averaging 17 points and 8 rebounds per game in his first year... He had a monster 22 and 15 game against California.

They have games against Texas A&M (neutral court), Texas Tech (at home), Oral Roberts (in Tulsa), and Dayton (at home) coming up.

Watched Hobson play multiple times since he has been at UNM, while a good player who would make an impact at OU, I don't like his demeanor on the floor at all. Very selfish player who does appear "thuggish".

However, they're winning right now so all of that is being overlooked.

As for everyone else, regardless if a player is out of high school, prep school or JUCO...it's always good to discuss other basketball topics. Never hurts to learn a little...

Back