Suns assign Taylor Griffin to D-League

So it's who's coaching said player when they leave? Gotcha. Sucks that Capel doesn't get credit for Maynor though.

Do you not think that Coach Capel should get credit for Taylor? He coached him for 3 years....

Do you not think that Coach Capel should get credit for Taylor? He coached him for 3 years....

The reasons Taylor is in the NBA, or D League, aren't really "coaching related" IMO. Hustle? Being athletic? Hard work? Good kid? How did Kelvin or Capel help him, substantially, with any of those things? They didn't.

I'd have given Capel credit had he actually turned Taylor into the SF he thought he could. Personally, I don't think it'll ever happen. I just don't see Taylor ever having the ability to matchup with the above average NBA SF's.

Most players are self made. Coaches give the guys opportunities and guidance, but the work on their individual game goes to the individual. UNC or KU may have the most NBA players in the league, but at the same time, they are recruiting the most talented players. It goes hand in hand. As for a guy like Maynor, he was drafted on the things in his game that he worked on. Capel said the kid had a poor shot and he got in the gym and worked on his game. Taylor was drafted on his athletic ability and versatylity. I don't know if any coach can get credit for that. We're not OSU fans who credited every player that happened to be in the NBA to Eddie Sutton.

Back