Taylor to the Suns!

I also didn't think he would get drafted, but I am happy for him and his family that he did. What a great night for the Griffin family.

19freakin89!

Dayum! I can’t believe it has been that long. Now I understand why they had trouble getting fans to attend the games. I have a feeling we won't have to wait 20 years to witness another event like last night.

Taylor getting drafted says a lot about Taylor Griffin firstly and Oklahoma's basketball staff secondly. Taylor is just so athletic and has a very strong basketball IQ. We've seen this out of him since day one. I think Taylor's ability to see the court and share the ball is what put him up over the top in getting drafted. JMO

I'm so happy for Taylor. He just didn't get drafted, Taylor will make the team and make a difference. Congrats to the the Griffins!

Congratulations to Taylor.

When was the last time the Sooner basketball program had two players drafted by the NBA in the same year? Under Coach Capel, Taylor developed into a legitimate NBA prospect. This is a big night for the OU basketball program. Thanks to Jeff, the recruiting myth has finally been put to rest.

Huge victory for Coach and the program.

Are the Suns a good fit for Taylor?
The Suns are on the verge of completely gutting their roster. They have a couple of free agents that they probably won't re-sign, and they're going to buy out the contracts of the two players they got in exchange for Shaq. It looks like the Suns will have 5 open roster spots after those buy-outs, and they will likely look to fill some of those spots with cheap talent because they're cutting payroll. However, some of those spots could be filled if/when the Suns trade Amare Stoudemire, who would likely yield multiple players in return. Nonetheless, it still looks like a really good opportunity for Taylor to make the roster.

I hope Taylor makes it on the team and plays a decent role. This may help recruiting for OU more than even Blake will.

Back