Texas freshmen Jordan Hamilton and Avery Bradley

Sooner23

Reaction score
I really hate to be pimping these Texas players, but it is the offseason still and we do play Texas twice. :D

Anyway, here' some stuff I came across while looking at some Texas boards this morning. I hate to say it, but I like their (Bradley and Hamilton) attitude. I'm also kinda kicking myself that I didn't put $50 on them at 18-1 when I was in Vegas this summer. They are going to be ridiculously talented.

First off, Avery Bradley. This kid is an absolute jet with the ball in his hands and it's scary to read inthis article how he wants to be a great defensive player. Gonna be a great matchup with he and Willie. It's also interesting to read about how he ended up at Texas.

And Jordan Hamilton? Sheesh, this kid is as skilled and talented as they come. My goodness. Here's some video of him this summer. I hate to say it, but he's kind of likeable too unlike the punk Damion James. Anyway, sorry again to pimp these guys but if you love basketball and behind the scenes type stuff you'll enjoy this video.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4UhwkLXF7M[/ame]

Whether these two kids are superstars from day one or both come off the bench, Texas is going to be tough. I'll be happy if we win one game against them next year.....even if it's 1 out of 3 (meaning we meet in the Big 12 tourney). I couldnt handle an NCAA loss to them.

But they really will have a ton of depth next year. KU and UT will be in a class all their own as far as the Big 12 goes, IMO.

Amazing how stacked the Longhorns perimeter will be this year, with some hugely talented new guys. Lucas, Bradley, Hamilton, Brown.. throw in Damion James, Mason, and Balbay and it's going to be an absolute dogfight for playing time.

I hate to say it, but I think Texas has the 2 best freshman in the league. I love Tiny and TMG and I know Xavier is talented, but every video I see of those kids scares me to death.

I hate to say it, but I think Texas has the 2 best freshman in the league. I love Tiny and TMG and I know Xavier is talented, but every video I see of those kids scares me to death.

They may but I don't see how we can know right now. If you base it off HS careers then Avery and Xavier are the 2 best coming into the league. We will definitely find out when conference comes around.

They may but I don't see how we can know right now. If you base it off HS careers then Avery and Xavier are the 2 best coming into the league. We will definitely find out when conference comes around.

How could you not say Tiny is one of the top two based on HS? He was a beast in every All-Star Game he played in and had great numbers against the best players in HS.

How could you not say Tiny is one of the top two based on HS? He was a beast in every All-Star Game he played in and had great numbers against the best players in HS.

I was just basing it on overall body of work and consensus ranking. I think you could make an argument for any of the guys. Tiny definitely had a terrific year but I don't know that you could rank him ahead of Henry based on that year. It still remains that OU has 2 of the Top 5 freshman entering the Big 12 this year.

Yup the South looks really tough the next few years with OU and UT scoring talent like crazy.

Back