The team must feel incredible pressure to win tonight....

thebigabd

Reaction score
Alaska has already turned into a disaster, but if they lose tonight to Houston it will be really bad for them. They will have lost three straight to mid-major basketball teams, and be one of the worst teams in a very weak Alaska tournament. A loss tonight would shake the confidence of this group badly, and with no leader and so many young players that would be tough.

The good news is Houston has not proven to be a good rebounding team, or a good defensive team. They gave up 112 in regulation to Nevada, but scored 99. They got killed on the glass, so hopefully things go well for OU tonight.

Maybe Houston can be a salve to the overall poor play we've had. Frankly, I haven't seen any signs that this team feels much pressure to do anything at all. Outside of Cade, and Crock at times, there's little to no hustle. Outside of the MSM game, this team has allowed themselves to be outplayed and outhustled on a fairly consistent basis.

It seems doubtful that a basically non-existent defense is going to get much better just one game later. Maybe Houston's style will help. Long term, I think the experience will be helpful

That is a formula for a horrible basketball team that loses almost 100% of the time on the road.
I didn't say it was good thing but we are not a great defensive team nor a great rebounding team. We can win IF we shoot really well but, if we don't, I doubt we will beat them.

Back