They Deserve this...

jackson_supersooner

Reaction score
We could very well lose today...

But for every reason we should win...THEY should win...not because they are head and shoulders better then Villanova.

But because our Sooners DESERVE it...

And not one of them would tell you that...not ever.

Spangler deserves it...Spangler was snubbed by the very school he would have bled for but came back to a completely collapsed program and leaving behind him a perennial tournament team to help rebuild the school he loved so much...to bring back what was never offered to him when everything was going good(elite 8 appearance and top 5 recruiting class)...he would be thrown into a fire that he didn't have any part in creating but was asked so much of to change.

Woodard deserves this in so many ways as an Oklahoman. I remember us all looking and thinking "what in the world? We want Woodard over Clark?". Woodard was doubted as a player...not just when he came in but for the first 2 years of his career. Even to the extent of some extremists wondering if Walker may need to start over him coming into some games last year...but Woodard went above and beyond to improve as a player. Spending monumental amounts of time on his shot to become the 2 guard that we really needed. Now after all this time there is no question of Clark or Woodard. Woodard was and is the better player, the better teammate, the better person, and was far and away the better choice.

Isaiah deserves this through the struggles he's went through and the hard work he's always put in only to be "the other guy who plays with the best player in basketball". Getting a second chance at life after being shot in New York even though he was not doing anything but being an innocent bystander. Then coming back to school to learn that the position he played for 3 years is no longer what was asked of him...the position he MIGHT have a better chance of making an NBA team would no longer be where his NBA fate would lie...but to run and coordinate this team at the forefront at PG...and he took that responsibility gladly to which end he has become the driving force to this run.

Kruger deserves this for being such an amazing coach. Not an amazing coach in a "slimy Calipari type of way"...not in a "I coach at one of the best basketball programs in the world and get whoever I want Bill Self" type of way... Not in a "Bobby Knight do whatever it takes to win even if that means lay hands on kids and tell them they are worthless" type of way ........but an I want to make men better...I want players who just want to listen...I won't yell at you...I won't talk down to you...I won't pay you to play here...i won't give you things normal students don't have access to...i will coach...I will epitomize what it means to be a true COACH type of way. Lon has been such a great person and example and coach for our program...

And buddy....buddy is the hardest working player I've ever seen in my life...hands down. No one deserves this more than buddy. He has worked so hard from the lowest of the low of playing basketball with a milk crate to moving to The states...and deciding to come back because he knew "he wasn't quite ready for the next step". He has come back to be the best player in college basketball. Not because he just happened to have a good year but because he put in COUNTLESS hours of training to become the best he could for his team and his future with every struggle that's happened in his life being what drives him.

No matter what happens today...

If Spangler looks tired, I'll assume it's cause he couldn't sleep because he was thinking of the best way to defend ochefu.

If Isaiah seems to be going 100 mph. I'll assume it's because he spent so much time in the hotel weight room dribbling that he was ready to go all out.

If Lattin fouls out. I'll assume it's because he was motivated to give the best defensive effort of his life.

If buddy goes 2-14 from 3. I'll assume it's because he can't lift his arm because he snuck off in the middle of the night and shot 4,000 threes.

If Woodard drives the lane repeatedly and can't get one to go down off the glass. I'll assume it's because he wanted to bring the defense in and make them focus more on the interior...

Today I will hold no judgement....

Today I will not be mad...

If we lose by 40...

If we were up 20 only to let them go on a 21-0 run to win...

If we win by hitting a half court shot at the buzzer by buddy and watch him jump on the scorers table and point his finger at the sooner faithful and grin the biggest Bahamian smile...only later to learn it did not count because it was on the ever so slight tip of that exact finger that the ball still touched with 0 on the clock I will assume it's because Buddy had put everything he had EVERY bit of strength into every shot to that point.

And I will have the biggest smile on my face. Because this team has done so much for this program. That they deserve nothing but praise today.

This has been the greatest season...the greatest post season...the greatest coach...the greatest coaching staff...the greatest players...and the greatest player I've ever watched live in a Sooner Uniform.
And now I I'm going to ask one last selfish greedy question to this team...Give us one more game guys...one more so I can say I watched you guys play in the title game...because no one...and I mean NO ONE team deserves this more then what you guys do...
Boomer Sooner guys...boomer freaking sooner...

Wow. Excellent post. If that doesn't give you chills you aren't a Sooner fan. Thank you.

Must read for all Sooner fans. We are so blessed to call this team OURS. Special group.

Back