This Board....

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomerbaby

Reaction score
.....is becomming a lot like OUinsider, i.e. Fire Wilson, Fire Venables, Fire Stoops......Fire Capel.

Goodness....

Boomer Sooner

.....is becomming a lot like OUinsider, i.e. Fire Wilson, Fire Venables, Fire Stoops......Fire Capel.

Goodness....

Boomer Sooner

You're right in some ways. Personally, I'm not as bothered by the losses as much as I am by the chaos on the roster and the lack of development by some players.

Goodness....

Boomer Sooner

Maybe I missed the post, but were does someone say capel needs to be fired right now?

There are village idiots on every board, but I think our mods do a pretty good job of cleaning up the trash if it gets too bad.

It's not easy to be in our shoes either with this moderating stuff. Trust me, it's not fun, at all, with some of the hateful messages we get when people feel they are wronged with a deleted post or whatever.

And then add to all that the fact the team is having a bad season. Everyone is pissed off (even us) and wants to vent, and should be allowed to do so as long as it's respectful.

If you see something that you feel has been overlooked by the mods and needs to be viewed again, click the report button in the lower left corner of that post and our guys will check it out.

Sorry you don't like the way things are being handled. We're not perfect by any means, but we're trying. I don't think we're anywhere near the level of idiocy that's on OUInsider. Maybe I'm wrong though.

This site has the fairest and most even-handed group of moderators of any site that I visit.

There are very few saying fire em all at this point.

Actually this board is A LOT better than OUI. I feel like a majority of the true bball fans made the switch and we are all better for it. I go back over to that board occasionally and it is like a ghost town. Just bc we have a few "fire JC" people does not mean we have morphed back into OUI.

You know what this board needs right now.....a commitment.

If we got news that a player had committed to OU, just anybody, we could have something positive to talk about. Or at least something to distract us from this disaster of a season.

Four percent say fire now. That's pretty low.

Sorry Charlie (couldn't resist).

(Showing your age, couldn't resist)

The interesting thing about the straw poll thread is the number of posters who say he should have one more year.

a poll is a little different than a post...

True but how about:

"He needs to go! I think his evulation of kids is lacking big time. Blake Griffin is the only bright spot for Capel and it was almost a given Blake was coming to OU with Taylor already here. By the way the other guy signed Taylor. There are other coaches out there that could take over the program. This team has no direction and no leader at the top."

Goodness....

Boomer Sooner

These posts kill me. Why is it preferable to have moderators arbitrarily shut up posters who have a certain opinion of a coach? If the idea of firing Coach Capel is so absurd, it should be rather easy to make the case against it. Myself, I think it would be an extraordinarily ill-conceived idea to fire him at this point, but then, I am willing to make that argument on the merits rather than just shouting down those that disagree.

OUInsider sucked not because of the insane posters, but because of moderators who had made the place unbearable (not you, Ada!). As a lifelong holder of sometimes unpopular opinions, I hate the idea of people getting banned over things like this. We disagree on stuff -- that's cool, doesn't mean we can't all get along (you just got rodney king'd).

Personally, I'm not as bothered by the losses as much as I am by the chaos on the roster and the lack of development by some players.

That's where I am. The BS is getting old.

There are village idiots on every board, but I think our mods do a pretty good job of cleaning up the trash if it gets too bad.

It's not easy to be in our shoes either with this moderating stuff. Trust me, it's not fun, at all, with some of the hateful messages we get when people feel they are wronged with a deleted post or whatever.

And then add to all that the fact the team is having a bad season. Everyone is pissed off (even us) and wants to vent, and should be allowed to do so as long as it's respectful.

If you see something that you feel has been overlooked by the mods and needs to be viewed again, click the report button in the lower left corner of that post and our guys will check it out.

Sorry you don't like the way things are being handled. We're not perfect by any means, but we're trying. I don't think we're anywhere near the level of idiocy that's on OUInsider. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Please know that your efforts are not overlooked. There's always a certain level of total nonsense on every board, but you mods overall have done an EXCELLENT job of making this a great online community.

These posts kill me. Why is it preferable to have moderators arbitrarily shut up posters who have a certain opinion of a coach? If the idea of firing Coach Capel is so absurd, it should be rather easy to make the case against it. Myself, I think it would be an extraordinarily ill-conceived idea to fire him at this point, but then, I am willing to make that argument on the merits rather than just shouting down those that disagree.

OUInsider sucked not because of the insane posters, but because of moderators who had made the place unbearable (not you, Ada!). As a lifelong holder of sometimes unpopular opinions, I hate the idea of people getting banned over things like this. We disagree on stuff -- that's cool, doesn't mean we can't all get along (you just got rodney king'd).

I agree, and I wish there were an OU football board moderated like this one. There's really nothing to read outside of some information stuff from OUInsider anymore.

True but how about:

"He needs to go! I think his evulation of kids is lacking big time. Blake Griffin is the only bright spot for Capel and it was almost a given Blake was coming to OU with Taylor already here. By the way the other guy signed Taylor. There are other coaches out there that could take over the program. This team has no direction and no leader at the top."

I stand corrected.
I tihnk we are all frustrated. I am def frustrated at capel because I for one think alot of this is his fault for simply not developing depth at the first of the season....but I would think anyone with a brain would say that he needs atleast one more year and if this continues then maybe we have to visit this area again.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back