Tiny Gallon

Tiny just looks a bit beat down/fatigued right now...don't agree with Boca much, but I have to admit I think he has hit a wall. A lot of his success down the stretch will depend on match ups, UT could throw a number of bigs on the floor at any time, which doesn't bode well for our posts (thank god Wright stepped up).

Tiny just needs to concentrate on playing hard the rest of the way and focus on having a great off-season to tone his conditioning and skills. Players are made in the off-season, I expect a huge improvement from year 1 to year 2. Not many big men come into high level D-I and dominate on a consistent basis.

I felt more comfortable with Ryan Wright making a post move than Tiny today. That was a weird feeling because obviously Tiny is the more skilled. He's having a hard time adjusting to not being able to get to where he wants to on the court. This guy got to any spot he wanted to in High School and now struggles to make a move to the bucket. It's all part of the transition from hs to college.

I felt more comfortable with Ryan Wright making a post move than Tiny today. That was a weird feeling because obviously Tiny is the more skilled. He's having a hard time adjusting to not being able to get to where he wants to on the court. This guy got to any spot he wanted to in High School and now struggles to make a move to the bucket. It's all part of the transition from hs to college.

And transition from playing mostly on the wing to on the block. Add the fact that he doesn't have the stamina to run from block to block on a consistent basis and appears worn down....he is struggling. I have faith he will improve immensely over the offseason.

What are the chances that Tiny finds his way to a "big man" school this summer, similar to the one Blake attended last summer?

We need Tiny badly. We're not going to have many good shooting nights on the road and we have to establish an inside pressence. Cline needs to get this guy going.

Back