Tiny's new game - Take it to the hole big fella

buttermaker1

Reaction score
I love his face up take it to the hole game. He is quick city. Add a pass option when doubled and we got a winner.

I hope he loves it too! That is the key for him, knowing where he can provide the best service for his physique.

I like Tiny's face up game, too. But I think he's becoming too predictable for teams (that does not include ISU) with a good help defense. I'm afraid better teams will set up to take a charge and increase the odds even further that he will get in foul trouble. Personally, I would like to see him work to get open in the lane more, closer to the basket, where he could take advantage of his size and nice touch around the rim.

I think Tiny gets frustrated and impatient (can't say I blame him) when he doesn't see the ball enough. OU's guards need to look for him more often, and stop waiting until the opportunity he positioned himself for is gone before the pass arrives. That has to be frustrating for a big with his skills. But to be honest, it's nothing new for OU's guards. I can remember complaining about the same thing nearly every season for the past five or six years, maybe more.

I think Tiny gets frustrated and impatient (can't say I blame him) when he doesn't see the ball enough. OU's guards need to look for him more often, and stop waiting until the opportunity he positioned himself for is gone before the pass arrives. That has to be frustrating for a big with his skills. But to be honest, it's nothing new for OU's guards. I can remember complaining about the same thing nearly every season for the past five or six years, maybe more.
I also think we can improve our entry-pass mechanics.

You'll also have to admit that some guys might just be tired of dumping it in only to have Tiny mis-handle the pass just enough to allow the D to recover, or to catch the pass and refuse to flush it, or to catch a pass and blow a layup.

Seriously, dude needs to work A LOT on his post game 'cause if he doesn't he'll need that degree more than he ever thought.

I believe he can get it done based on what he's proven with his work ethic, but I don't think we should expect it to occur during the course of this season...unfortunately.

I also think we can improve our entry-pass mechanics.

You'll also have to admit that some guys might just be tired of dumping it in only to have Tiny mis-handle the pass just enough to allow the D to recover, or to catch the pass and refuse to flush it, or to catch a pass and blow a layup.

Seriously, dude needs to work A LOT on his post game 'cause if he doesn't he'll need that degree more than he ever thought.

I believe he can get it done based on what he's proven with his work ethic, but I don't think we should expect it to occur during the course of this season...unfortunately.

I agree with this. We shoot way too many too many threes and we're not quick with the entry pass. At the same time, he doesn't establish a passing angle very well or create an entry point by sealing a defender so he can go up immediately off the catch. Alot of times he'll get the ball where he'll have to either take alot of dribbles to get a shot or do what he has been doing which is spin out and dribble drive. In the post you only have time for one quick move and the shot attempt. If it's not there, Tiny needs to reverse the ball as soon as possible and beat his guy to the other side of the court and establish a seal entry again.

Back