TMG vs. The Big 12

TU and abd,

I do see your point regarding the hitting two or better on average. It is a lot tougher then I had first thought.

One thing that may help TMG get some shots off is that I really do think that WW will spend some time running the point, and that TMG will play some wing. This could lead to him getting a couple of more looks per game.

You make some good points. He is going to be a good three point shooter. I think he makes around two three pointers a game on average. Add in a couple of dribble drives per game and you have around 10 ppg.

The thing that I like about TMG is that he is capable of going off for 25 on any night. :tmg

Don't forget free throws and fast break points. You have to think he will get two points a game that way. I could honestly see this guy averaging 10+. This is particularly true if Crocker has a strong season because he will spread the defense and teams will probably choose to cheat off TMG and the forward other than Tiny. That is, the top three priorities on defense against OU will be Willie Warren, Tiny and Crocker.

Drew Lavender's freshman year stats:

2003-2004 Games 31 MPG 31.4 PPG 11.3 FG% 38.2 3P% 36.8 FT% 78.2 APG 3.9 RPG 2.4 BPG 0.0 SPG 1.7

I think that TMG will average very comparable numbers. The only reason that I am saying 10 ppg instead of a higher number is because WW and Tiny will be the primary scorers. Drew averaged 3.9 APG and I expect TMG to be right at that number/slightly above that number.

I think he will be above those numbers because scoring is picking up, Capel will play a slightly more uptempo style than Sampson and OU will have better players making it easier for TMG. Finally, I think TMG is going to be a better player than Drew (no offense to Drew).

TU and abd,

I do see your point regarding the hitting two or better on average. It is a lot tougher then I had first thought.

One thing that may help TMG get some shots off is that I really do think that WW will spend some time running the point, and that TMG will play some wing. This could lead to him getting a couple of more looks per game.

Averaging two is but averaging better than 1 is not. So if you average 1.5 a game that is 4.5 points a game. If you make two 2 point buckets (shots inside the line, drives, put backs, etc.) that is 7.5 points per game. You have to figure something for free throws and fast break points. I really think TMG will push 10 a game. I also think he will get a solid number of assists. What I want to see is low turn overs, steals and some good rebounding (for the position - I don't expect him to average 5 boards a game but 2 or 3 would be great)

Averaging two is but averaging better than 1 is not. So if you average 1.5 a game that is 4.5 points a game. If you make two 2 point buckets (shots inside the line, drives, put backs, etc.) that is 7.5 points per game. You have to figure something for free throws and fast break points. I really think TMG will push 10 a game. I also think he will get a solid number of assists. What I want to see is low turn overs, steals and some good rebounding (for the position - I don't expect him to average 5 boards a game but 2 or 3 would be great)

I think his TO numbers will be pretty high this year. But I will take it because he will not be afraid to take the ball to the cup and try and make something happen. He and Warren will make us one the best driving teams in the league. Let's hope that Pattillo, RW, and Big O all work on their hands this summer.

I think his TO numbers will be pretty high this year. But I will take it because he will not be afraid to take the ball to the cup and try and make something happen. He and Warren will make us one the best driving teams in the league. Let's hope that Pattillo, RW, and Big O all work on their hands this summer.

Especially Pattillo. I saw Willie zip a few balls to him and just stare at him like what the F when he did not complete the play. I really think towards the end of the season he was reluctant to pass Pattillo the ball because he let some many go.

Especially Pattillo. I saw Willie zip a few balls to him and just stare at him like what the F when he did not complete the play. I really think towards the end of the season he was reluctant to pass Pattillo the ball because he let some many go.

With Pattillo the key is to just throw it up towards the rim (but not too high haha).

Back