Tobi Oyedeji to A&M?

PlanoGuy

Reaction score
Billy Liucci is hinting on TexAgs that Tobi Oyedeji has been at A&M's Elite basketball camp and is on the verge of committing. Said it could come as soon as today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tobi Oyedeji to A&M

Interesting.... I know Bigtime thought he would be the next commit. Last update had him favoring GTech and us. He's a great athlete and seems to be getting better as a basketball player and scorers.

Not to be cynical, but don't all guys who work for team sites hint that a commit is imminent any time a guy visits? Maybe he will commit in ten minutes, but the title of the thread could have been worded a little better.

Not to be cynical, but don't all guys who work for team sites hint that a commit is imminent any time a guy visits? Maybe he will commit in ten minutes, but the title of the thread could have been worded a little better.

Most guys who work at these sites get a heads up from someone on the coaching staff about a commit.

if true, it is a very good pick up for A&M. This kid plays hard and is ultra athletic. He is still raw. But improving steadily. Kind of reminds me of Hakim Warrick from Syracuse.

A&M's other commit- Daniel Alexander- is much less impressive from those that I have talked to. Although Alexander is ranked higher, he is soft and a bit of a black hole.

yeah, this is a misleading thread title. It should say Tobi Oyedeji to A&M???

Kind of like...I'm Ron Burgundy????

I believe this has to do with the rule that you can't really recruit during a camp. So Tobi probably committed to A&M during the camp but that info can't really be released until after the camp.

If that's true it is too bad. I was really hoping we would get Tobi. A&M always seems kind of stacked with big men. This would be another nice pick up for them.

speaking of A&M, does anybody know how many of the 3 players that declared for the NBA draft are coming back?

I believe it was Elonu, Davis and Sloan.

speaking of A&M, does anybody know how many of the 3 players that declared for the NBA draft are coming back?

I believe it was Elonu, Davis and Sloan.

Im pretty sure none of them are staying in the draft... None of them are even close to the first round.

yeah I think they are just testing the water and trying to figure out what they need to do to improve their draft stock.

I didnt think any of them were ready, but I was kind of hoping Elonu would go. He was starting to put up a bunch of double-doubles last year. He had 13 and 12 against OU in Norman even though he only played half the game due to foul trouble from having to guard Blake.

I dont think Davis or Sloan are even good enough to play in the NBA. But Elonu might have the body for it.

I didnt think any of them were ready, but I was kind of hoping Elonu would go. He was starting to put up a bunch of double-doubles last year. He had 13 and 12 against OU in Norman even though he only played half the game due to foul trouble from having to guard Blake.

I dont think Davis or Sloan are even good enough to play in the NBA. But Elonu might have the body for it.

He probably gave Blake the most trouble defensively last year. He was one of the only guys to single cover Blake and maybe the only to have some success doing it.

True. Though he had to use a lot of fouls to do it. A&M certainly was a bad match-up for us last year. They gave us all we wanted at home.

Bellaire F/C Tobi Oyedeji told us after the the Elite Camp that he plans on ending the recruiting process on Wednesday and that all signs indicate that his commitment will be to Texas A&M!

This would obviously be a huge get for Mark Turgeon and the Aggies if and when it becomes official.

We'll have more in an update later, as well as Gabe's brief Q&A with the talented 2010 big man.
From Liucci

Congrats to A&M. They got a good one. I was thinking we were going to eventually land this kid....oh well.

Backup plan visiting OU on June 15th (Robert Goff)

Back