Tom Izzo threatens Roy Williams

That can be said for a lot of coaches.
Very true. I guess my point was I think Izzo is a better coach than Roy. Before anyone would counter with "but Roy is a better recruiter and that is part of coaching" well do we really know if Roy is a better recruiter? I could recruit to Kansas and UNC.

Everyone on this board could have coached last year's team and the team with Felton, May, McCants, etc., to titles. I doubt hardly any coach's at all could take last year's State team to the title game. Maybe just H to the Izzo.

if izzo had coached at ku and unc, he'd have one for the thumb.

He acts like Delvon Roe is the first player in the history of collegiate athletics to switch his commitment.

Welcome to UNC, where you get your pick of any kid you want and nobody says no. If they do well...

I read about it in the newspaper, though it was part of Capel saying he had moved on from being mad at/about Damion James.

Jeff Capel is a really compelling figure, super smart, pretty sensitive actually, I think, with an interesting background. He is a much more compelling guy than Bob Stoops or Travis Ford or Sherri Coale or a lot of the local coaches. It is why I think there is a really good profile out there to be written about him and why I get so frustrated at the "Jeff Capel is a good coach because he is young and listens to rap" stories that keep getting written.

It's good news for Kansas, to be sure.

Mr Tony: Could you or somebody else explain this further. I guess I'm part of the sheep, thinking that his ability to relate with players is a big part of his success.

Williams is one of the biggest Aholes in coaching. It has been said that he complained about OU signing bookout, a guy who's whole family attended OU. He hates Kelvin. Seemed to be offended that Kelvin recruited players he went after like Collison, Hinrich, and Langford.

Williams is one of the biggest Aholes in coaching. It has been said that he complained about OU signing bookout, a guy who's whole family attended OU. He hates Kelvin. Seemed to be offended that Kelvin recruited players he went after like Collison, Hinrich, and Langford.

Yup all true he is a huge D-bag

This.

Roy Williams is a huge POS. He puts on the "aw shucks" air, but he's ruthless like anyone else. He is supposedly one of the main informants the NCAA had that got MU on probation... then we find out that he did all kinds of illegal stuff at kansas and gets them put on probation AFTER he leaves (they didn't even have a compliance department... Darrell Jackson was paid $5k by a kansas booster and still played... cash gifts to seniors, etc). He also bent all kinds of rules in recruiting Hansbrough to UNC (especially with regards to contact with boosters). Anyone care? Nope. Because Roy's a good ole boy who would NEVER do anything wrong.

I understand a lot of coaches cheat. Quin cheated. Norm cheated before him. Anderson may or may not (I have no reason to believe he has or will... other than the fact that he's a coach at a major D1 university). Sampson cheated at OU. Like with Anderson, I don't know if Capel has or will, but it wouldn't surprise me. It's just the nature of the game. But to act like you don't and turn in guys who do, only to turn around and break the same rules in direct competition with those same schools... dirty as they come.

This.

Roy Williams is a huge POS. He puts on the "aw shucks" air, but he's ruthless like anyone else. He is supposedly one of the main informants the NCAA had that got MU on probation... then we find out that he did all kinds of illegal stuff at kansas and gets them put on probation AFTER he leaves (they didn't even have a compliance department... Darrell Jackson was paid $5k by a kansas booster and still played... cash gifts to seniors, etc). He also bent all kinds of rules in recruiting Hansbrough to UNC (especially with regards to contact with boosters). Anyone care? Nope. Because Roy's a good ole boy who would NEVER do anything wrong.

I understand a lot of coaches cheat. Quin cheated. Norm cheated before him. Anderson may or may not (I have no reason to believe he has or will... other than the fact that he's a coach at a major D1 university). Sampson cheated at OU. Like with Anderson, I don't know if Capel has or will, but it wouldn't surprise me. It's just the nature of the game. But to act like you don't and turn in guys who do, only to turn around and break the same rules in direct competition with those same schools... dirty as they come.

Sampson's phone call gate was bad and it cost him his jobs' but at least he wasn't funneling money to Darnell Jackson via a booster. Roy is the worst kind of POS, acts one way in public and is a huge cheat behind closed doors.

I hate that jerk

LOL. I don't like Roy as much as the next guy but he wasn't "funneling money thru a booster" to Darnell Jackson.
If Roy cheats he cheats less than the rest. But then again he doesn't need to cheat as much.

Back