Top 2012 recruit scheduled to be in Norman Saturday

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got word that Perry Ellis, the 6-8, 215 pound forward from Wichita, Kan. will be in town Saturday to watch the Texas along with his coach and some teammates.

Capel has already offered. And, according to Rivals, Kansas, Kentucky and Kansas State have also offered. Ellis is thought by many to be one of the top players in the 2012 class.

Click here to read a good feature article on Ellis from the 2009 issue of Dime Magazine.

Here is some video from youtube:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHTYTWfCKI[/ame]

Here are a couple of action shots of Ellis going up against Sooner football commit, Blake Bell:

mail

mail

Isn't this kid pretty much considered a Kansas lock? I hope this doesn't turn into another Harrison Barnes situation where we spend time recruiting a kid we have no chance to get. If Kansas has indeed offered we're not going to get him. Flame away.

I haven't heard he's a KU lock. I know he's been to KU a bunch. KU definitely has offered. If I'm Capel I keep recruiting and keep recruiting him hard.

Isn't this kid pretty much considered a Kansas lock? I hope this doesn't turn into another Harrison Barnes situation where we spend time recruiting a kid we have no chance to get. If Kansas has indeed offered we're not going to get him. Flame away.

There have been some questions as to whether or not Kansas will take Ellis, and that his offer is tentative. I am not sure how valid those rumblings may be but that is what I have been hearing.

I've actually heard he isn't developing as much as some thought he would and might not end up being an elite recruit which could cause KU to back off some.

I've actually heard he isn't developing as much as some thought he would and might not end up being an elite recruit which could cause KU to back off some.

sam,

That is according to Eric Bossi (Jayhawk recruiting guru) who has stated that Perry is a top 50-75 kid instead of an elite player.

I hope that KU passes on him because Capel and company would take him in a heartbeat.

sam,

That is according to Eric Bossi (Jayhawk recruiting guru) who has stated that Perry is a top 50-75 kid instead of an elite player.

I hope that KU passes on him because Capel and company would take him in a heartbeat.

Interesting.

Seems as his profile on ESPN agrees as well.

"October, 2009: Ellis has had a national reputation (Gatorade player of the year in Kansas) for quite some time, but his upside doesn't appear as promising. He is a physical specimen at the power forward spot but his frame looks maxed-out."

That's all news to me. Everything I hear is KU is on him hard. Interesting.

sam,

I hope that KU passes on him because Capel and company would take him in a heartbeat

This way he can end up like Hardrick. Consuming a scholarship and sitting on the bench with the others who have no chance to play.

This way he can end up like Hardrick. Consuming a scholarship and sitting on the bench with the others who have no chance to play.

Is Hardrick a top 50-75 kid? Also, when did Perry hurt his knee?

Hardrick was offerred early on and everybody (including his Dr.'s) thought he would finish growing at about 6'10 - 7'. He just never grew anymore. I'm not going to call a kid a bust if he's never played in a game and had a chance to show any skills. Perry is 6'7-6'8 and could still grow, but he has great size for his game already. I mean being named POY or whatever he was as a fosh sets the bar pretty high.

Is Hardrick a top 50-75 kid? Also, when did Perry hurt his knee?

Perry definetely has some top skills, his athleticism seems to be where he suffers. There was a picture of him and Blake circulating that showed Blake having about 2 inches on Perry. So I think that puts him in the 6'6 to 6'7 range. That's the same height as Harrison Barnes. Also, he's not an above the rim player like you would like for your post players to be. He's not very explosive. That being said, I think he's a lunchbucket guy and a three year starter. Think Bookout, but not as wide a body.

Back