Tiny--Freshman
Crocker--Senior
TMG--Freshman
WW--Soph
Cade--Junior
Wright--Senior
Pledger--Freshman
Fitzgerald--Freshman

I think he is referring to youngest by average age. Think OSU's average age is right around 19 or 20.

I'd like to do the JV Game, just for giggles:

Gallon vs. [?????]
Fitzgerald vs. [?????]
Pleger vs. Franklin
Warren vs. Gulley
TMG vs. Penn

Can an oSu fan help me with the [????].

Torrin Walker
Jarred Shaw

You might want to add Page since you have Warren on there. And you could put Franklin in place of either Shaw or Walker. Doesn't really matter which one, since neither have played significant minutes. I would be interested to see how they would do against Fitzgerald.

Last edited:
Can someone please forward me the rulebook on what threads one can and cannot start on this board? It appears some other people thought it was interesting... I wasn't going to respond but it always cracks me up how it seems some people just wait around for threads to ***** about. No one is forcing you to read it?

In recruiting, you cant say the class is good or bad until they've played a couple of years. But, what you go off of at the beginning is all you can at that point, potential. If a guy is highly sought after when he signs, that means he has good potential, does it not? I apologize for not being able to see into the future. LOL
You're good with this one. If any complainers are offended, they are welcome to start an OU thread.

Personally I'm a little confused about why a thread about Jeff Capel was moved to rivalries/smack yet a thread about Travis Ford stays here. Just my opinion.

I find it amusing that Travis Ford has more fans on this board than Jeff Capel at this point.

Jeff, yes Gulley in terms of minutes is having an impact his freshman year but in my eyes he isn't living up to the impact player the OP labeled the OSU recruits as, if that makes any sense. Sure he is getting minutes and must not be screwing up that bad to continue to play as much but I don't see him as a freshman generating a buzz. If we're to consider Gulley and impact freshman than so are Fitzgerald and Pledger for OU but if I started a thread about those two being impact freshman using minutes as the defining argument on here there would be multiple people disagreeing with me. Based on the criticism OU's group of freshman have received perhaps I am just more jaded in judging freshman than your standards.

Hohum thanks for the links, I knew they were both very athletic and was just wondering if/how much 40+ verticals were exaggerated.

Can someone please forward me the rulebook on what threads one can and cannot start on this board? It appears some other people thought it was interesting... I wasn't going to respond but it always cracks me up how it seems some people just wait around for threads to ***** about. No one is forcing you to read it?

In recruiting, you cant say the class is good or bad until they've played a couple of years. But, what you go off of at the beginning is all you can at that point, potential. If a guy is highly sought after when he signs, that means he has good potential, does it not? I apologize for not being able to see into the future. LOL

I don't have any issue with the post, I only took issue with your implication that Capel hasn't been recruiting well in comparison to Ford. I think Ford has been doing a good job, but Capel has certainly done a comperable job overall [although I'll agree with abd that a JUCO post would have been a nice get this last season and is imparative for this recruting season].

Gulley isn't making a traditional "impact" in the way that TMG is. But, he is a starter that is providing quality minutes by playing solid defense and sharing the PG duties with Page. He is not very productive offensively, although his penetrating the lane did provide his teammates with some open looks on Saturday. He seems to be gaining confidence in handling the ball and getting the offense into their sets. So, although he isn't a scoring machine and putting the team on his back the way TMG is for OU, he is doing what OSU needs him to do and making an impact in that sense.

Torrin Walker
Jarred Shaw

You might want to add Page since you have Warren on there. And you could put Franklin in place of either Shaw or Walker. Doesn't really matter which one, since neither have played significant minutes. I would be interested to see how they would do against Fitzgerald.

Okay, add Page to go head up on Pledger or Warren and Gulley on the other guy, and then maybe move Franklin to go head up on Fitzgerald?

SO:

Gallon vs. Shaw or Walker
Fitzgerald vs. Franklin
Pledger vs. Page or Gulley
Warren vs. Page or Gulley
TMG vs. Penn

Personally, I think OU is plus or minus as follows:

Gallon +10
Fitzgerald -5
Pledger - Not sure on this one, but presuming Page I'll say -3
Warren +10
TMG + 5

Now to be fair, Pilgrim has to count somewhere, but the guy is in the middle of his third year of ball. Maybe throw an Orlando Allen in vs. Pilgrim as the "old guys" and I'd give Pilgrim +10 on that.

Nice analysis. Can't really argue too much with any of it.

B, Pilgrim is in his 4th year. 2 years at some small college, 1 sitting out at Kentucky, now at OSU.

B, Pilgrim is in his 4th year. 2 years at some small college, 1 sitting out at Kentucky, now at OSU.

My bad...guess that makes him and Orlando even closer in age [p.s. to Orlando, please get your personal issues figured out, we need you big fella!].

I don't have any issue with the post, I only took issue with your implication that Capel hasn't been recruiting well in comparison to Ford. I think Ford has been doing a good job, but Capel has certainly done a comperable job overall [although I'll agree with abd that a JUCO post would have been a nice get this last season and is imparative for this recruting season].

I guess as a diehard Oklahoma Basketball fan I can feel myself getting a little frustrated with the seeming lack of success/interest for us in the late signing period. Now I dont know jack squat but from what I see on these boards, so maybe its not time to panic. I love our two early signees. With Gallons future at OU a question mark, Wright graduating, it concerns me for next year. I really wasnt trying to compare Capel and Ford or downplay Capel in any way. It just looks to me like Ford seems to be recruiting well, and im impressed with that. I hope Capel can pull some studs in April and that will make me feel alot better about next year. Im fairly new to this board and I really like the info around here. I was hoping that the community wouldn't be as sensitive and *****y as other OU boards. So far so good, for the most part...

I guess as a diehard Oklahoma Basketball fan I can feel myself getting a little frustrated with the seeming lack of success/interest for us in the late signing period. Now I dont know jack squat but from what I see on these boards, so maybe its not time to panic. I love our two early signees. With Gallons future at OU a question mark, Wright graduating, it concerns me for next year. I really wasnt trying to compare Capel and Ford or downplay Capel in any way. It just looks to me like Ford seems to be recruiting well, and im impressed with that. I hope Capel can pull some studs in April and that will make me feel alot better about next year. Im fairly new to this board and I really like the info around here. I was hoping that the community wouldn't be as sensitive and *****y as other OU boards. So far so good, for the most part...

Given the turn that this season took, it has been remarkable. I think that we will get what we need in the late signing period, which is one [or two] post players. I can live with just one if Gallon is back, but two would be preferable. Jones and Ross are guys that I am not counting on.

Normally I can't stand your posts, but it is instructive that you have a couple more wins and thus have hopes for a guy like Gulley and are willing to label him as an impact player vs. OU fans who are ready to bench Gallon and label the other freshmen we brought in as busts [excepting TMG]. The only real difference in my view between oSu and OU is experience [two 5* upperclassmen] and that is what has made them nominally better than OU this season. If anything, OU's freshmen have been much more impressive overall [but are downgraded because more was expected of them].

I don't quite get your point here.

I wasn't talking about OU's freshmen at all... I was talking about Ford's recruits.

Obviously, both Gallon and TMG are tremendous talents and huge impacts. I don't understand how anyone could say otherwise.

I think he is referring to youngest by average age. Think OSU's average age is right around 19 or 20.

Correct.

This is a standing item in OSU's game notes:

This season, Oklahoma State is the youngest team in the Big 12 Conference. OSU has 13 players on scholarship with an average age of 19 years, 11 months and 25 days (as of Oct. 15, 2009). No other team in the league averages less than 20 years of age. The Pokes also average just one year of experience among the 13 scholarship players, the lowest average in the Big 12 Conference. Oklahoma State has six freshmen, four sophomores, five juniors and one senior on the squad.

Jeff, yes Gulley in terms of minutes is having an impact his freshman year but in my eyes he isn't living up to the impact player the OP labeled the OSU recruits as, if that makes any sense. Sure he is getting minutes and must not be screwing up that bad to continue to play as much but I don't see him as a freshman generating a buzz. If we're to consider Gulley and impact freshman than so are Fitzgerald and Pledger for OU but if I started a thread about those two being impact freshman using minutes as the defining argument on here there would be multiple people disagreeing with me. Based on the criticism OU's group of freshman have received perhaps I am just more jaded in judging freshman than your standards.

Fair enough... it really just all depends on how one defines "impact."

Next season OSU is going to be a little different. The front court is going to be where more of our points come from.

I think Ford is a good coach. I like his recruiting, but I'd like to see that elite level guy. I thought we had it with Karron Johnson. (whom we might still get) Perhaps Nash will be that guy.

Capel's recruiting has been exceptional. I know that OU is going through a tough spell. But I think that both schools are in good hands.

I don't quite get your point here.

I wasn't talking about OU's freshmen at all... I was talking about Ford's recruits.

Obviously, both Gallon and TMG are tremendous talents and huge impacts. I don't understand how anyone could say otherwise.
I was explaining why I don't think Gulley is an impact player and using OU's players as an comparison. You go on and on just because the kid is playing, by default more than anything else that is an impact player. And I am showing I disagree with that belief and I have different standards for players being considered impact players as freshman.

This is a standing item in OSU's game notes:

This season, Oklahoma State is the youngest team in the Big 12 Conference. OSU has 13 players on scholarship with an average age of 19 years, 11 months and 25 days (as of Oct. 15, 2009). No other team in the league averages less than 20 years of age. The Pokes also average just one year of experience among the 13 scholarship players, the lowest average in the Big 12 Conference. Oklahoma State has six freshmen, four sophomores, five juniors and one senior on the squad.
I would be very interesting if you compared the people that actually got playing time for OU and OSU in ages. Beau Gerber and Orlando Allen are most likely driving the OU average up quite a bit.

I would be very interesting if you compared the people that actually got playing time for OU and OSU in ages. Beau Gerber and Orlando Allen are most likely driving the OU average up quite a bit.

exactly...Dowell, Thomas, and Shaw are three freshman that play very little

According to kenpom...The average age of the players that have gotten playing time for OU is: 1.21 (0 being a freshman, 1 being a sophomore, etc...) good for 311th oldest team out of 347.

And OSU's is 1.44, good for 268 oldest.

So by playing time OSU is about...what? a 1/4th of a semester older?

Two very young teams.

Back