Trying to be optimistic but...........

I would love to see your list of people who make a living doing bracketologoy.

In any event, your argument makes no sense. Let's pretend that the criteria does change "every year" for the same of argument. That actually makes it even more ridiculous to suggest that random folks who aren't on the committee actually are better equipped to select the field.
I never said they only make a living doing bracketology specifically...stop being purposely dense. And they aren't just random folks lol

I did find that strange but perhaps he already had most of the column written before Fears committed. I guess a lot depends on whether Fears was essentially promised a starting spot. I'm excited about him but it's not like he is a top 10 recruit, one-and-done player. Regardless of whether he starts, I think it's unlikely that Fears will dramatically raise our ceiling this season since the rest of the roster has so many weaknesses.
Thought you left? Was hoping you found a job in Wichita. Lol. 🤡

Do I think OU makes the tournament? No. But I 100% expect them to finish above MU.

Do I think OU makes the tournament? No. But I 100% expect them to finish above MU.
I think very few neural observers would agree with that. I bet we are behind them in the preseason conference media poll and in almost every media publication.

There’s was an “expert” that picked all teams correct except 1…. Oklahoma virgina debacle

there’s are a ton more qualifed than random ad’s looking for a resume builder even you could’ve seen that!

You think even the great Joe C watches the bubble team’s ? Breaks down injury re ord vs full strength ?

No chance
I bet you couldn’t name five bracket “experts” off the top of your head if your life depended on it. And yes, I think people on the committee watch all kinds of games. In fact, if you actually pay attention to this stuff, you would know there are all kinds of articles about what they do. So I’m quite sure they knew we played a couple games without our backup big man and one of the least efficient point guards in the conference.

I think very few neural observers would agree with that. I bet we are behind them in the preseason conference media poll and in almost every media publication.
That’s fine but MU will not be very good this year. I mean they’ll be better than last year but I’d be shocked if they finished above .500. I expect OU to win 17 or 18 games next year which is not near enough to make the tournament (thanks weak schedule) but I think that’ll be better than MU.

I bet you couldn’t name five bracket “experts” off the top of your head if your life depended on it. And yes, I think people on the committee watch all kinds of games. In fact, if you actually pay attention to this stuff, you would know there are all kinds of articles about what they do. So I’m quite sure they knew we played a couple games without our backup big man and one of the least efficient point guards in the conference.
lol. Bet I could name 12 including some computer websites but no one knows as much as you.

I’m actually more optimistic after the recent run of good news. I think we’re gonna be on the bubble and have many opportunities to make the tourney. The SEC basketball league isn’t near the gauntlet the Big12 is and they don’t have the familiarity with us like Big12 schools do.

That’s fine but MU will not be very good this year. I mean they’ll be better than last year but I’d be shocked if they finished above .500. I expect OU to win 17 or 18 games next year which is not near enough to make the tournament (thanks weak schedule) but I think that’ll be better than MU.

What’s the schedule?

What’s the schedule?
Someone posted it in the schedule thread. I won’t re post it. There may be a few more games to schedule but when it’s all said and done I think it’s going to end up being a weak schedule. Similar to last years.

The SEC basketball league isn’t near the gauntlet the Big12 is and they don’t have the familiarity with us like Big12 schools do.
I think you underestimate the SEC and in any case, I'm not sure familiarity has been a major factor in our Big 12 losses the past three seasons, We've had a slew of new players every year.

I’m actually more optimistic after the recent run of good news. I think we’re gonna be on the bubble and have many opportunities to make the tourney. The SEC basketball league isn’t near the gauntlet the Big12 is and they don’t have the familiarity with us like Big12 schools do.
I also prefer to be more optimistic than Wichita. I had the opportunity to watch practice last week and was impressed with them overall. Dayton was impressive with nuisance shot making ability and passing. Doesn’t play like a freshman. Only thing really missing was a dominant center and they are few and far between and expensive. Overall they will be fun to watch.

Rothstein typically does a decent job, but ffs, he has Goodine starting for us, with jones, Fears and Taylor on the bench. lol I have no idea who the starting five will be, but I will bet a paycheck it doesn't involve Goodine. I really like Goodine, but he is a role player on this team...with a role similar to Darthard last year. So to me, when I read stuff like that, it automatically discounts his predictions. With as many moving pieces on ALL of these teams, it's near impossible to accurately predict what the final outcome will be. It I were to bet, I feel we def finish higher than 14th though. If we don't, many of you will get your wish...with PM being gone.

Rothstein typically does a decent job, but ffs, he has Goodine starting for us, with jones, Fears and Taylor on the bench. lol I have no idea who the starting five will be, but I will bet a paycheck it doesn't involve Goodine. I really like Goodine, but he is a role player on this team...with a role similar to Darthard last year. So to me, when I read stuff like that, it automatically discounts his predictions. With as many moving pieces on ALL of these teams, it's near impossible to accurately predict what the final outcome will be. It I were to bet, I feel we def finish higher than 14th though. If we don't, many of you will get your wish...with PM being gone.
sometimes people get too into the weeds of smoke they are hearing and not looking at the bigger picture of what guys actually were brought in for.

the rivals kid wrote an article with the starting 5 of:
Fears
Elvis
Taylor
Moore
Godwin

with Goodine, Wague, Northweather as the rotation.

Fears starting as a SR in HS seems bold. No Jadon Jones except for scrap minutes, no Miles except for scrap minutes competing with Forsythe.

Moser has to win. it's going to be a very old roster getting the minutes early, he's going with known commodities like Jones and Miles over Fears and Northweather for a while.

sometimes people get too into the weeds of smoke they are hearing and not looking at the bigger picture of what guys actually were brought in for.

the rivals kid wrote an article with the starting 5 of:
Fears
Elvis
Taylor
Moore
Godwin

with Goodine, Wague, Northweather as the rotation.

Fears starting as a SR in HS seems bold. No Jadon Jones except for scrap minutes, no Miles except for scrap minutes competing with Forsythe.

Moser has to win. it's going to be a very old roster getting the minutes early, he's going with known commodities like Jones and Miles over Fears and Northweather for a while.
I'm not saying Fears starts day 1...I even said I have no idea who will start the 1st game...but I bet it won't include Goodine. If I had to guess right now, I'd lean with the following starting line-up for the first game:

Elvis
Miles
Taylor
Moore
Godwin

I could easily see Jones starting ahead of Taylor, but who knows.

I think you underestimate the SEC and in any case, I'm not sure familiarity has been a major factor in our Big 12 losses the past three seasons, We've had a slew of new players every year.
I don’t think I underestimate the SEC. I think I’m pretty familiar with their programs. I will say they have greatly improved the league from top to bottom in the last 20 years. It used to be Kentucky and Florida, a big gap and then everyone else. Still, even our bad teams have beaten up on good SEC teams. I’m not saying we’re going to win the conference but I feel good about our chances at finishing middle of the pack and making the tourney.

And you’re right about our roster turnover. Hard to win or sustain success with that much turnover. Roster turnover is the new normal but we have to do a better job at keeping some kind of core together every year.

I don’t think I underestimate the SEC. I think I’m pretty familiar with their programs. I will say they have greatly improved the league from top to bottom in the last 20 years. It used to be Kentucky and Florida, a big gap and then everyone else. Still, even our bad teams have beaten up on good SEC teams. I’m not saying we’re going to win the conference but I feel good about our chances at finishing middle of the pack and making the tourney.

And you’re right about our roster turnover. Hard to win or sustain success with that much turnover. Roster turnover is the new normal but we have to do a better job at keeping some kind of core together every year.
I think people greatly exaggerate the importance of one-off noncon games. The scouting and preparation for conference games is far more intensive than for nonconference games. Not to mention the focus and intensity of the players is ramped up in league games. Being able to win a game in December in the middle of finals against an SEC team doesn’t mean we will be able to hold up over 18 games when teams are locked in and familiar with our offense and playing with a lot more intensity.

Back