Trying to be optimistic but...........

I know man I’m serious. Moser was set up to fail here. Lon was a hof coach but left it bare. I appreciate your posts. I’m not a clown like some here. Boomer
I disagree that he left it bare. There were a lot of players that had eligibility left and could have stayed. Now, maybe he retired and didn’t care enough to help keep the guys...I have no idea. But I think it would have been difficult for any new coach to keep everybody, so it’s not a shot at PM either. But feel like it’s overly harsh on LK.

I disagree that he left it bare. There were a lot of players that had eligibility left and could have stayed. Now, maybe he retired and didn’t care enough to help keep the guys...I have no idea. But I think it would have been difficult for any new coach to keep everybody, so it’s not a shot at PM either. But feel like it’s overly harsh on LK.
Agreed. Those who could have stayed:
DeVion Harmon, Brady Manek, Umoja Gibson, Elijah Harkless, Alondes Williams, Jalen Hill.

You talk to much and it’s nonsense. Everyone sees right through your clown posts. Go root for the Kansas teams.
I absolutely hate ku… I’m in kc and grew up in Wichita. Was brainwashed for OU (thank you Uncle mark and Aunt Jane 👍🏻) in the 70’s (born in ‘64) … BUT if you think OU BBALL at this time is even in the same stratosphere as ku …😳🤣.

Just seeing your response to Wichita.. if that’s not your point… fair enough.

My sentiments as well. Could LK have recruited a bit more vigorously during his last year in Norman? Perhaps, but his integrity is above reproach, and I can't see him flat out lying to recruits. The only head coach I can remember who checked out long before his final game was Dave Bliss. He left Billy Tubbs with one young piece to build around (Chucky Barnett) and one upperclassman (Raymond Whitley) who wound up redshirting during Billy's first year. I'm still impressed Billy somehow won 9 games with what he was left with. No OU coach since then has come close to that bare of a talent level.

My sentiments as well. Could LK have recruited a bit more vigorously during his last year in Norman? Perhaps, but his integrity is above reproach, and I can't see him flat out lying to recruits. The only head coach I can remember who checked out long before his final game was Dave Bliss. He left Billy Tubbs with one young piece to build around (Chucky Barnett) and one upperclassman (Raymond Whitley) who wound up redshirting during Billy's first year. I'm still impressed Billy somehow won 9 games with what he was left with. No OU coach since then has come close to that bare of a talent level.
I never understood Bliss's departure. It was a lateral move at best, and why had he so dropped the ball on recruiting leading up to making the move? We learned over time, of course, that he not a man of good character, but at the time, I was quite upset at his decision to leave.

I do believe that if he's given the proper financial support, he can recruit, especially guards.
Couldn't that be said of anyone? I'm actually still impressed by his recruiting but I'm super down on his coaching and system

If NIL and the portal didn't exist, how would our program be better? Would that have helped develop Uzan and Oweh? Would Tanner and Jacob have become more athletic and better able to compete in the Big 12? Would we have been able to sign better high school players? We are entering year four and other than some promising stretches from Los and Oweh as freshmen, we have essentially nothing to show for any of the high school recruits Moser has signed. Hopefully Fears bucks that trend, but while Moser deserves credit for landing him, we also got fortunate that he decided to decommit from Illinois and reclassify at the last minute. Otherwise, we would be going into this season with another freshman class likely to make no impact.

Let's say for the sake of argument that some guys in the portal didn't seriously consider us because we didn't have strong NIL packages. Ok, in a non-NIL world, those guys either wouldn't have been on the market in the first place, or, if they did transfer, they would have likely based their decision solely on basketball factors. Would we have beaten out top programs for elite players in that world?

And remember, the two best players on our team last year were transfers. Under the old rules, what are the chances Moore and Soares would have ended up in Norman?
Good on moore and soares. They weren't hot items

Back