TW: OSU's Jared Shaw declared eligible

thebigabd

Reaction score
OSU basketball recruit is eligible

By JIMMIE TRAMEL World Sports Writer
Published: 8/18/2009 2:25 AM
Last Modified: 8/18/2009 6:06 AM

Fall semester classes began Monday at Oklahoma State, and that means it's time for an eligibility update: OSU received good news in regard to one new frontcourt player, but the Cowboys are awaiting word on another.

Jarred Shaw was green-lighted by the NCAA and will be eligible to play this season. Shaw, a 6-foot-10 freshman from Carter High School in Dallas, averaged 13.5 points and 9.7 rebounds for a 31-4 state championship team last season. He was ranked as the nation's 15th-best center prospect in the class of 2009 by Rivals.com.

Meanwhile, OSU is waiting to hear if Matt Pilgrim will be eligible this season. Pilgrim is a 6-8 forward who transferred from Kentucky when his scholarship was not renewed by new coach John Calipari.

Pilgrim did not play last season at Kentucky because he sat out a mandatory transfer year. He played two seasons at Hampton before going to Kentucky. He hopes to win an appeal that would allow him to be eligible at OSU without sitting out another season.
By JIMMIE TRAMEL World Sports Writer

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ctid=93&articleid=20090818_93_B2_hOSUba831773

Have to think he'll redshirt. SO skinny.

but OSU sucks at the post...

No doubt, but he'd probably be behind Walker, Moses, Pilgrim, and maybe even Akol at this point. Added to the fact that OSU will run a lot of 4 guard lineups, not much playing time will be there for him. Unless he surprises everyone.

No doubt, but he'd probably be behind Walker, Moses, Pilgrim, and maybe even Akol at this point. Added to the fact that OSU will run a lot of 4 guard lineups, not much playing time will be there for him. Unless he surprises everyone.

You're probably one of my favorite posters. I actually think OSU will get as much mileage as they can out of Muenelo and Franklin at the four and go buy committee with the others. Mose, Pilgrim, and Akol will not see the floor at the same time in important games.

Yeah, as long as Ford is there I dont expect much production or playing time out of Akol or Shaw. I agree that the 4-5 spots will mostly be played by Moses, Franklin, Muonelo and Pilgrim.

Ford's hands were tied at OSU last season, he put the best 5 on the court, it just happened to be 4 guards. I think you'll see Two big men out there, he didn't have a problem doing that at UMASS.

The fact that Shaw is eligible and Ford is still recruiting Cobbins could mean that Akol will transfer after this year.

Ford's hands were tied at OSU last season, he put the best 5 on the court, it just happened to be 4 guards. I think you'll see Two big men out there, he didn't have a problem doing that at UMASS.

The fact that Shaw is eligible and Ford is still recruiting Cobbins could mean that Akol will transfer after this year.

Pilgrim, Akol, Moses, Walker, and Shaw will not be on the floor at the same time in important games.....Period.

Why? Because they're not good enough. I personally would play Muenelo and Franklin over those guys a hundred times over.

Not this again!!! Pilgrim's certainly the wild card, if he's a capable Big 12 player, I wouldn't be suprised to see him and Moses on the floor at the same time.

If he's nothing more than Anthony Brown part deux, then it'll probably be a lot of Page/2nd Guard/Anderson/Obi/Moses.

Not this again!!! Pilgrim's certainly the wild card, if he's a capable Big 12 player, I wouldn't be suprised to see him and Moses on the floor at the same time.

If he's nothing more than Anthony Brown part deux, then it'll probably be a lot of Page/2nd Guard/Anderson/Obi/Moses.

He's nothing more than Anthony Brown part deux. That would be the equivalent of OU fans thinking Barry Honore is going to come in and be the wild card for OU. I certainly don't think any OSU fans think that. Both were below double digit scorers for the two worst conferences in the nation.

Back