U happy with 3-3?

JungleJim

Reaction score
on the surface, I'd say no. But I really think this team can suck it up/learn how to play together, and make some noise.

wow. as a sooner fan I'm very dissapointed with this board. It seems to be very "clickish"?

As an "ole" country boy it doesn't take much sense to figure out when you are/aren't welcome.

wow. as a sooner fan I'm very dissapointed with this board. It seems to be very "clickish"?

As an "ole" country boy it doesn't take much sense to figure out when you are/aren't welcome.
If you say something that pretty much everyone agrees with, sometimes they won't respond. Happens all the time. If you want to get some action, say something like "Ford is a better coach than Capel". That will get the ball rolling!!!

Just saying, I'm a member or "MANY" boards. The "warmest" greetings hasn't been the case here. The reverse is almost in order.

Thanks Guys/Gals

If you say something that pretty much everyone agrees with, sometimes they won't respond. Happens all the time. If you want to get some action, say something like "Ford is a better coach than Capel". That will get the ball rolling!!!

Also, if you post something at 7:48 a.m. wait longer than 45 minutes before you flip out because nobody has responded. Most of the boobs who post here, like me, usually aren't out of bed before noon. :D

That being said, I'm not happy with 3-3. But if we can get to 9-4 (loss to Gonzaga) we have a fighting chance at making the NCAAs. But even at 9-4 I think the magic number for Big 12 play is 10-6.

Don't be offended, Jim, the board has been unusually slow the past couple of days. Besides, some of us haven't had our second cup of coffee yet, and our brain doesn't work just right until we do. ;)

No, I'm not happy with a 3-3 start. A lot more was expected of this team, and OU should have won the first six games. I'm more unhappy with the way we lost, by playing almost no defense in all three games. Defense is execution, effort and team work. We have seen very little of that since the season began.

Do I think this team can turn their season around? Absolutely! We have too many good athletes and basketball players to think otherwise. The question is do they want it badly enough? We'll know more after tonight's game

That doesn't mean our problems will be solved if we play solid defense against Arkansas. This young team needs to understand that they will have to "bring it" in every game for the remainder of the season if they hope to be successful. But, it would be a nice beginning, and I will be watching closely for the improvements I hope to see.

Also there are some of us who just got to work, and Norm is correct. I am not happy with 3-3, but it is not too late to turn things around. We need to play much better defense, and to do that we have to improve our effort. I think coach has had a chance to use the Alaska trip to wake the team up, and tonight's game will be a big indicator of the rest of the season.

Dude, chill out.

Haha, that sounds like something my G/F would say to me when I am watching ESPN.

I was going to reply, but then you acted like a baby. So, since you blasted the best OU basketball source on the Internet, I won't tell you that I'm not happy with a 3-3 start, but am still quite optimistic that everything that is wrong can be fixed and fixed quickly.

I think it's obvious there are few Sooner b-ball fans happy with 3-3. Before the season, if you were to scroll through the schedule and try to calculate OU's record not many would have picked 3-3 at this point.

Even after the VCU loss it seems that most chalked that up to playing a mid-major on the road, and didn't see the larger problems the team has. There was a poll on this site in the days before the Alaska trip where you could pick what you thought OU's recored would be. I picked 2-1, thinking we would beat San Diego, lose to Houston, and then win a consolation game against whoever we played. I remember clicking on the results and seeing that I was in the minority as most had picked us to go 3-0.

Not only are people not happy with 3-3, I think I and most are kind of schocked by what has transpired---being down by 15 to VCU very early and never making a run, getting runned out by SD, the complete collapse in the second half against Houston as we seemed to lack "grit" or whatever you want to call it, and then lastly being in a tight game with a horrific 0-7 Nicholls State into the 2nd half, but at least we pulled away and showed something.

Dudes being benched, Willie with really bad body language, and our lack of toughness are disturbing things as we try to move on and improve somehow.

Now we play 2 teams from power conferences, and while both are struggling, it's hard to see us suddenly turning it around.

The board has been slow due to a lack of games and positive information.

Those who post stats, quotes, opinion, etc that criticize the team, coaches, or program are then swarmed by the sunshine brigade. The front page of the board has room for 37 threads, and after a few negative posts all negative information or abstract thought is condensed into one thread to make room for all the positive stuff which nobody really takes part in, thus the lack of discussion going on right now.

If you try to violate this unspoken rule and start a few threads that will actually generate discussion and talk about how the team is playing, you will be ridiculed into submission and they will question how big a fan you are. From that point, every thread you make or post in a select few will ambush you. This happens to me, Cheno, soonerfanTU, and a few others all the time. We live with it.

There you have it.

Those who post stats, quotes, opinion, etc that criticize the team, coaches, or program are then swarmed by the sunshine brigade. The front page of the board has room for 37 threads, and after a few negative posts all negative information or abstract thought is condensed into one thread to make room for all the positive stuff which nobody really takes part in, thus the lack of discussion going on right now.

If you try to violate this unspoken rule and start a few threads that will actually generate discussion and talk about how the team is playing, you will be ridiculed into submission and they will question how big a fan you are. From that point, every thread you make or post in a select few will ambush you. This happens to me, Cheno, soonerfanTU, and a few others all the time. We live with it.

There you have it.

Can't really argue with any of this.

There you have it.

Actually, this board is at an all time high as far as active members and reader visits per day, but don't let facts get in your way.

Actually, this board is at an all time high as far as active members and reader visits per day, but don't let facts get in your way.

"the board has been unusually slow the past couple of days."
-Ada

"The board has been slow due to a lack of games and positive information."
-me

I'm not happy with 3-3, but I do feel quite a bit more optimistic after listening to Coach's interview with Al on the SA. I especially liked the part where he discussed the staffs inability to get through to the guys about the things they needed to work on in the post win glow of MSM, but the VCU game and the first two in Alaska served as a wake up call. They now firmly have the teams attention and it was followed by two solid practices so far. To me, that's the key to getting things turned around; if the team focuses and practices hard, it will translate to the games.

My econ class in undergrad had 500 kids in it, no one particpated, it sucked.

My OB class last night had 30 people, everyone talks, made it more interesting.

Back