U happy with 3-3?

My econ class in undergrad had 500 kids in it, no one particpated, it sucked.

My OB class last night had 30 people, everyone talks, made it more interesting.

Very true, but at the same time, to act like this board is severely censored or restricted is laughable. I think the mods do a really nice job.

Start a negative thread, Camp. Start three. I don't think anyone will stop you.

"the board has been unusually slow the past couple of days."
-Ada

"The board has been slow due to a lack of games and positive information."
-me

I didn't think I needed to explain why the board has been slow the past couple of days. Maybe I was wrong.

But, it has little to do with the absence of "positive information." Posters here are not censored. That's a crock, and you know it. I assume you're still talking about the five negative threads you started a few weeks ago, basically saying the same things, which several members (including me) took exception to. I thought we settled that in a PM exchange two weeks ago. Maybe I was wrong about that, too. Proves one is never too old to learn from their mistakes.

As BigTime said, this site is at an all-time high in members, posts, threads, etc. But, I, for one (and I don't believe I'm alone), do not want to see the main forum turn into the one we left behind over a year ago. If it does, you can wave goodbye to me as I walk away and never look back. Been there, done that! I have better things to do with my time.

Jim, I am personally fairly satisified. Obiously I wish that WW, Tiny and TMG had the ability to play defense but given the fact that they cannot shut down guys at Mount St. Marys, VCU, Houston, San Diego and Nichols State, I think 3 and 3 is pretty good. Ultimately that means OU can simply out score 50% of its opponents at a very early stage in the season.

I expect the offense to get better as the season progresses. Therefore a 60% to 65% winning percentage may be possible for these guys. That is a bubble team, NIT worse case. Pretty good season. Obviously not like last year but last year OU did not have three starters that were incabaple of defending even below average college players.

I was expecting a 4-2 or 5-1 record, so it is disappointing. I have faith that Capel has their attention now, and that he can direct them to where they need to go.

I'm not pleased with the 3-3 start but considering how bad the D has been it should suprise this team. I took the loss to Vcu as a young team playing its 1st road game. The loses to SD and UH were not what i was expecting but this team will get better.

I didn't think I needed to explain why the board has been slow the past couple of days. Maybe I was wrong.
Perhaps I am dense, but why has it been slow the past couple of days?

If you try to violate this unspoken rule and start a few threads that will actually generate discussion and talk about how the team is playing, you will be ridiculed into submission and they will question how big a fan you are. From that point, every thread you make or post in a select few will ambush you. This happens to me, Cheno, soonerfanTU, and a few others all the time. We live with it.

There you have it.

what are you talking about?? I think most people on this board are underwhelmed with the season so far, and A LOT of people have been posting critisisms of some of the team's play...why are you making this out to be some kind of witch-hunt or persecution against a select few?

Most people aren't upset with criticism when warrented, some people take umbrage at consistent negativity. There IS a difference.

The board has been slow due to a lack of games and positive information.

Those who post stats, quotes, opinion, etc that criticize the team, coaches, or program are then swarmed by the sunshine brigade. The front page of the board has room for 37 threads, and after a few negative posts all negative information or abstract thought is condensed into one thread to make room for all the positive stuff which nobody really takes part in, thus the lack of discussion going on right now.

If you try to violate this unspoken rule and start a few threads that will actually generate discussion and talk about how the team is playing, you will be ridiculed into submission and they will question how big a fan you are. From that point, every thread you make or post in a select few will ambush you. This happens to me, Cheno, soonerfanTU, and a few others all the time. We live with it.

There you have it.

That is the biggest cry baby post i have ever read (last paragraph)...

I know you are stating your opinion and do a nice job with following the teams around the country, specially in the Big XII...you also bring some good stats to back up your opinions...

I just dont understand how you dont see what you post could rub people the wrong way...as much of a fan as you are of college basketball it amazes me sometimes how you have the biggest knee jerk reactions to play, not to mention so early in the season...

I will say one thing about the part where you say people question whether you are a loyal fan or not...the loyal fans are able to evaluate and express their opinions without totally tearing down the team or players in particular...not saying you do this on a regular basis but some of your analysis comes off this way, and this applies to others that their "loyalty" has been questioned...

I am glad that we do have some people on this board that challenge each of us as fans and may not be quite so PC...keeps things interesting;)

I just dont understand how you dont see what you post could rub people the wrong way

Because we are talkin' basketball, so unless someone goes overboard it should not rub people the wrong way. I remember GOB and he always got everyone fired up, but he never went overboard from what I remember.

Speakin of, did he ever register here? Was he even a real person? Or was he another poster in disguise?

That is the biggest cry baby post i have ever read (last paragraph)...

Really?

as much of a fan as you are of college basketball it amazes me sometimes how you have the biggest knee jerk reactions to play, not to mention so early in the season...

I don't recall having a knee jerk reaction.

I will say one thing about the part where you say people question whether you are a loyal fan or not...the loyal fans are able to evaluate and express their opinions without totally tearing down the team or players in particular...not saying you do this on a regular basis but some of your analysis comes off this way, and this applies to others that their "loyalty" has been questioned...

So you can't be a real fan, and think someone on the team isn't cutting it, and never will? You can't question the leadership of the best player?

Big is upset for the same reason I am. We, along with one or two others, pretty much called what is happening to the team, before it happened. Even funnier.....after the VCU loss a few of us jumped on the team ever harder. We were told that we were being lame, and having knee-jerk reactions. After the next loss to SD, nearly every poster that blasted our take after VCU was saying the same thing, and agreeing with us. The problem wasn't that we were having knee-jerk reactions after VCU. The problem is that there are several pumpers on this board that were too STUBBORN to see the truth about some things, until they were smacked in the face with said truth.

wow. as a sooner fan I'm very dissapointed with this board. It seems to be very "clickish"?

As an "ole" country boy it doesn't take much sense to figure out when you are/aren't welcome.

no one likes me either. but i don't post here much.

Sorry... I've been MIA. Figure SOMEONE needs to console Mrs. Woods right now and I'm just the man to do it! Thanks Tiger!! :dance005:

Oh and I'm happy with 3-3. It's not what I expected but I can see that the errors in play that have resulted in 3-3 are very correctable and have nothing to do with coaching IMO.

No I am not happy with the 3-3 start. Am I surprised? No, with the youth we have playing right now I really did not know what to expect. I figured our talent alone would at least have us at 4-2 (losses being to VCU and Wash St). However, with the way our D is playing (or lack thereof) and how WW decided to go a-wall for a few days it does not seem too far off to see how OU's record has come to fruition.

Hopefully tonight will be the beginning of a long winning streak..:tinypower

P.S. I hope this board lasts for a long time. It is sooo much better than the desert that is the Bball forum at OUESPN.

Back