Updated roster

SoonerNorm

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have some good news and some bad news. The good news is, Mulkey committed. The bad news is as follows:

As it stands today, we have no more ships to give in 2016 unless someone leaves. We also cannot give out any more ships for 2015 even though we will only have 14 on ship because that would put us over the limit in 2016. This may hurt us not being able to offer Cox, Holmes, or anyone else in that category until a ship opens up, if it does. That is the main reason I was not in favor of signing Ijeoma Odimgbe. Actually, it goes back to signing all of the guards that I don't think many thought we really needed. I would rather have the open ships right now to be able to offer those elite players. Then we have Aaliyah Wilson in the 2016 class who is a really good guard/wing that we have to put on the back burner as well. What is Sherri going to tell Cox or Holmes or Wilson, "We don't have any ships to offer you now but don't commit somewhere else as we might have one in the future."? Unless/until a ship opens up, Sherri's hands are tied until 2017.

I know many of you will disagree with me but, I just don't think Sherri has handled the roster management as well as she has in the past although I am VERY thankful with the last commitment. I know that some of you believe we will have one or more to leave the program. I tend to think so too but, the question is when. If they leave very soon, it will be fine. If they wait a year or more, that will create a problem.

2014- Total 14 players. One ship available

Seniors
Sharane Campbell SF/PF
Whitney Ritchie (walk-on)

Juniors
Nicole Kornet SF/PF
Kaylon Williams C

Sophomores
T'ona Edwards PG
Peyton Little SG
Derica Wyatt SG
Gioya Carter SG
Maddie Manning SG/SF
Shaya Kellogg PF

Freshmen
Gabbi Ortiz PG
LaNesia Williams Combo G
Gileysa Penzo SG (Redshirting due to injury)
Vionise Pierre-Louis PF/C
McKenna Treece PF/C

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015- Total 14 players. One ship available

Seniors
Nicole Kornet SF/PF
Kaylon Williams C

Juniors
T'ona Edwards PG
Peyton Little SG
Derica Wyatt SG
Gioya Carter SG
Maddie Manning SG/SF
Shaya Kellogg PF

Sophomores

Gabbi Ortiz PG
LaNesia Williams Combo G
McKenna Treece PF/C

Freshmen
Gileysa Penzo (Redshirt Fr) SG
Ijeoma Odimgbe C

2016- Total 14 players. One ship available

Seniors
T'ona Edwards PG
Peyton Little SG
Gioya Carter SG
Derica Wyatt SG
Maddie Manning SG/SF
Shaya Kellogg PF

Juniors
Gabbi Ortiz PG
LaNesia Williams Combo G
McKenna Treece PF/C

Sophomores
Gileysa Penzo (Redshirt Soph) SG
Ijeoma Odimgbe C

Freshmen
Chelsea Dungee Combo G
Nancy Mulkey C

2017- Total 9 players. Six ships available

Seniors
Gabbi Ortiz PG
LaNesia Williams Combo G
McKenna Treece PF/C

Juniors
Gileysa Penzo (Redshirt Jr) SG
Ijeoma Odimgbe C

Sophomores

Chelsea Dungee Combo G
Nancy Mulkey C

Freshmen
Ana Llanusa SG

Last edited:
Wait, I have Penzo listed twice in 2016...that makes a big difference. I will correct that.

Now, I fixed my mistake so that makes me feel better. But, we really need at least one more ship to open up. That way Sherri could offer Cox and Holmes and take whichever one might commit first. She would also have a ship available for Wilson.

Williams could move on after this year, Manning could move on next year, you never really know what will happen. But it looks like we have a great group of girls and I can't see any of them leaving the team, they all seem to get along like sister. Sometimes I think Wyatt will leave, but she background is all about OU, I can't see her anywhere else. Maybe Carter, LaNesia or Shaya will leave due to lack of playing time.

Williams could move on after this year, Manning could move on next year, you never really know what will happen. But it looks like we have a great group of girls and I can't see any of them leaving the team, they all seem to get along like sister. Sometimes I think Wyatt will leave, but she background is all about OU, I can't see her anywhere else. Maybe Carter, LaNesia or Shaya will leave due to lack of playing time.

I sometimes wonder how happy ViVi is at OU. I guess time will tell.

Based on what Sherri said the other day, I tend to think Carter will get pretty good minutes this year.

Coming from the Men's side... Lon should get a committ today that will put them over by 1 scholly, its not like him to do this but their is a good chance Buddy goes pro and/or Cole will be leaving.
I think Sherri is safe to do the same thing if she thinks someone is leaving.

Scholarships are year-to-year. We can be certain that she'll clear roster spots as she needs them.

There are too many guards for not enough minutes.
Sadly the situation will naturally resolve itself.

Based on what Sherri said the other day, I tend to think Carter will get pretty good minutes this year.

I, too, believe Carter will play – and likely start – this year. She may prove me wrong, but I still believe Gioya will one day be an all-conference player. Since many players improve most between their freshman and sophomore seasons, we should know more soon.

I, too, believe Carter will play – and likely start – this year. She may prove me wrong, but I still believe Gioya will one day be an all-conference player. Since many players improve most between their freshman and sophomore seasons, we should know more soon.

Carter would have to beat out Little... it's doable, but I can't see Little not starting unless she brings nothing to the team...

Regardless of who starts at any position this year, Sherri will not have to put up with lack of production/effectiveness as she has multiple options.

Tell me Gioya Carter has added a reliable outside jump shot, I can buy any prediction on her being a big time part of this team. Athletically it's all there. But she cannot be a 2 SG without the outside game.

Ooops, sorry, I must have hit Edit on your post rather than Quote.

It is more a feeling than fact. She doesn't seem to be as involved with the other girls as the other newbies are, her video that was produced by OU did not seem that she was interested in being there. Throw in the fact that Sherri has continued to recruit at her position and it makes me wonder if Sherri knows something or not. As I said, I could be very wrong and time will tell if she likes OU or not.

Think it is too early to predict anything regarding the freshmen. In videos with the team, they all seem happy. They interact on twitter, except for Pierre-Louise, who is not on twitter re: a tweet from one of the players....so guess tht is correct. (I check some of the tweets every now and then just to see if there is any bball news. Not a tweeter myself, just like to follow politics and other news.) SO back to the topic, though would not tender a guess about any freshman, I do not see any upper classman leaving of their own accord including Maddie and her fifth year. Of course, if Maddie gets hurt again then that might change what she wants to do.

women,
Maddie technically would be eligible to apply for a 6th year. After year 5 that is.
Considering when she got hurt (preseason), it's hard to imagine that appeal would not be approved.

women,
Maddie technically would be eligible to apply for a 6th year. After year 5 that is.
Considering when she got hurt (preseason), it's hard to imagine that appeal would not be approved.

Oh, did not think about that. I can't see her going for a 6th year, do you?

womenssports,
not really I'd like to think the next four years are going to be super successful for her so the 6th will unnecessary.
But say she got unlucky again injury wise something not knee related that robbed her of half a season. She might use it.

Think it is too early to predict anything regarding the freshmen. In videos with the team, they all seem happy. They interact on twitter, except for Pierre-Louise, who is not on twitter re: a tweet from one of the players....so guess tht is correct. (I check some of the tweets every now and then just to see if there is any bball news. Not a tweeter myself, just like to follow politics and other news.) SO back to the topic, though would not tender a guess about any freshman, I do not see any upper classman leaving of their own accord including Maddie and her fifth year. Of course, if Maddie gets hurt again then that might change what she wants to do.

I noticed both Uconn and South Carolina, don't allow there players to use Social media durning the season. I think it's a bit controlling, even though there are a lot of reasons you wouldn't want your players on the internet.

Back