Recruiting

If Sherri is going to play fast, a big, lumbering girl wouldn't really fit, but sure would have been icing on the cake coach has baked.

My guess is by conference it's Lampkin, Bloom, Simpson, EJ in the middle -- and in that order. Seems like, from early rumors EJ has already sealed her own fate.

How many ships will we have available? Assuming that we only take three (Bloom, Scott & Gregory) for 2019... I say we need to go for some talented big girls, and when I say "talented" I mean big girls that can run the floor and also shoot away from the basket. Say we get a point card, a combo type guard/wing, and a big girl. That is if every single player stays and nobody transfers, that would be our need. These days I would not be surprised if one of our 6 newcomers doesn't transfer out after a season or two (hope I'm wrong of course).

Has anyone seen 2020 Lexy Keys? She had a big weekend shooting the ball, and I could see her getting a few better offers if she keeps it up...

https://youtu.be/vxVQkHf60FI

I stopped watching when the text popped up that said she scored twenty something points in the 3rd place game. Plus it's a school game and she is not competing against the best in the country. And 3rd place? I'm not impressed, but it's exactly the type of players SC has been signing by the boat load. To help turn the program around, they need a new coach who can bring in a top 20 player in the COUNTRY and build on it. I'm sure this kid is decent, but not what OU needs to return to beating baylor. And...highlight reels without a full game tape are worthless.

I stopped watching when the text popped up that said she scored twenty something points in the 3rd place game. Plus it's a school game and she is not competing against the best in the country. And 3rd place? I'm not impressed, but it's exactly the type of players SC has been signing by the boat load. To help turn the program around, they need a new coach who can bring in a top 20 player in the COUNTRY and build on it. I'm sure this kid is decent, but not what OU needs to return to beating baylor. And...highlight reels without a full game tape are worthless.

I agree with you, but right now the team is short on players who can not only compete, but also put the ball in the basket...

Return to beating Baylor? Good luck with that. First off, OU needs to get back to beating TCU and Iowa State!

I agree with you, but right now the team is short on players who can not only compete, but also put the ball in the basket...

She looks like a good player!

But then again so did T.Veitenheimer in her highlights, and we got...well what we got. It's so hard to tell if a player is going to be productive at the next level based on highlight reels like this one. She had absolutely no defense guarding her, I can see that much. I wonder if she will be ranked at some point? How tall? I'm sure she's definitely the type of player SC thinks will turn around her program!

She looks like a good player!

But then again so did T.Veitenheimer in her highlights, and we got...well what we got. It's so hard to tell if a player is going to be productive at the next level based on highlight reels like this one. She had absolutely no defense guarding her, I can see that much. I wonder if she will be ranked at some point? How tall? I'm sure she's definitely the type of player SC thinks will turn around her program!

She's not in the Hoopgurlz top 60 for 2020 at this point/as a junior after playing with Oklahoma Shock, and #60 is a three star. I'm sure she can play somewhere, but it's not what is needed at this point, however, it just might be who SC signs or someone like her...she loves a great shooter that lacks other necessary skills to compete effectively in the conference. Heck, I'm probably good for 50% if no one is guarding me. :D

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2020

She's not in the Hoopgurlz top 60 for 2020 at this point/as a junior after playing with Oklahoma Shock, and #60 is a three star. I'm sure she can play somewhere, but it's not what is needed at this point, however, it just might be who SC signs or someone like her...she loves a great shooter that lacks other necessary skills to compete effectively in the conference. Heck, I'm probably good for 50% if no one is guarding me. :D

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2020

From inside 3' perhaps. I get your jest. But I am serious. :ez-laugh:

From inside 3' perhaps. I get your jest. But I am serious. :ez-laugh:

After a good warmup...3's...I'm good for about 20%. But it ain't going to do a bit of good for OU. #noeligibility

PS...and if I had some NCAA eligibility, there is no way I could play for SC; especially the given state of the program. How do you run it all the way down into the ground after great success?

After a good warmup...3's...I'm good for about 20%. But it ain't going to do a bit of good for OU. #noeligibility

PS...and if I had some NCAA eligibility, there is no way I could play for SC; especially the given state of the program. How do you run it all the way down into the ground after great success?

Wait and watch the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons and you will have a better explanation to answer your question.

She currently has nine offers: Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Oral Roberts, Missouri-Kansas City, Wichita State, Washington State, Santa Clara, Texas-San Antonio and Texas-Arlington.
I guess OSU wants another Jaden Hobbs. I would put Hobbs in the category of "a great shooter that lacks other necessary skills to compete effectively in the conference."

Last edited:

By getting damn lucky you signed 3 Oklahoma kids in Shannon Selmon, LaNeishea Caufield and Caton Hill while Stacy Dales was in school. I think Llanusa is the only other Oklahoma player on par with Caufield and Hill that Sherri has signed since.

The Paris twins found OU not OU found the Paris twins. The Paris twins drew Alajuwon and A. Thompson to Norman and Sherri found DRob. Not much self initiated recruiting success ever by Sherri and staff just a few good breaks at key times. JMHO.

Sometimes it pays to be lucky rather than good.

By getting damn lucky you signed 3 Oklahoma kids in Shannon Selmon, LaNeishea Caufield and Caton Hill while Stacy Dales was in school. I think Llanusa is the only other Oklahoma player on par with Caufield and Hill that Sherri has signed since.

The Paris twins found OU not OU found the Paris twins. The Paris twins drew Alajuwon and A. Thompson to Norman and Sherri found DRob. Not much self initiated recruiting success ever by Sherri and staff just a few good breaks at key times. JMHO.

Sometimes it pays to be lucky rather than good.

VERY lucky. However, SC did not "find" DRob. She was basically heading to Cal when AParis told the coaches about her. SC went to see her in Oregon in July at the big tournament there and mentioned she was "quick" in one of the articles. SC rushed a home visit then DRob visited OU and said that she was amazed by the many fans and game atmosphere. I remember reading this stuff in several articles. Can't remember if it was San Francisco/San Jose newspapers or Oklahoma.

Again...how is it that they did not know about DRob until the twins told them to check her out? She should have been on their list once they opened the Cali door with the twins.

She currently has nine offers: Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Oral Roberts, Missouri-Kansas City, Wichita State, Washington State, Santa Clara, Texas-San Antonio and Texas-Arlington.
I guess OSU wants another Jaden Hobbs. I would put Hobbs in the category of "a great shooter that lacks other necessary skills to compete effectively in the conference."

Then she should get to choosing and committing. She's a dime a dozen...and not what OU needs...unless her best friend is a 6'5" post player that can't imagine them not attending college together. :)

The story that I saw said that Sherri was scouting two other guards when she spotted DRob and asked who she was,

Back