Recruiting

Brown said the program has been recruiting her longer than anyone else, talking about OU, I hope she remembers that after all her visits are taken...

we should know pretty soon. Her last visit is this weekend at Oregon State.

I hope that Kennedy likes football. During her visit to OU, we demolished UCLA, one of her choices. Tonight Oregon (another choice) was wiped out by Rick Leach and Washington State. This was while she was visiting the Oregon State campus which witnessed a 49-7 loss to Cal at home.

Oregon st fans are pretty confident Brown will head there and see a tone of minutes at the 4 and 5... they think there 6’9 player will move out the wing eventually freeing up a starting role for Brown, only time will tell, but the fact that she hasn’t committed yet is a good sign. There 6’7 Freshman is really raw, it’s a chance she will be a career back up to both Brown and Jones, Jones is there lone 19 commit, she is good friends with Brown and has a 7’2 wingspan, I’m not sure if she took her official yesterday or not. OSU has Corosdale who started at the 4 last year and will only be a jr next season, I’m not sure Brown could move her to the bench, I think Brown has a better chance of being a starter at OU, but since she doesn’t want to bang in the post, being told she can play the 4 is definitely an advantage for the beavers.

I read the article, and the fact that she's not taking a 5th visit and making an announcement so soon after her visit to OSU makes me think she will probably pick them....I really hope that I am wrong though. We need her, it's essential we get a talented big girl or next season it will be very challenging to compete with the likes of Baylor and Texas!

Kennedy had these visits scheduled for a couple of months now. She would take only four visits and would make an announcement soon after having visited the four. Thus far, there is no indication.

Something might be made that she had three visits on the West Coast---a preference? Two were in Oregon?

Something might be made that she has only one school close to home where her parents would likely visit frequently.

Only time will telll on this one, I think she will head to OU, if not we might remain a small team.

The Oregon duck fans are reporting that Brown has committed to OSU. Maybe OU can grab a big in the 2020 class...

Do you think they really know?

Well they have already sorta started bad mouthing the kid, questioning her real height so at the very least I think they know she’s not going to Oregon.

Well they have already sorta started bad mouthing the kid, questioning her real height so at the very least I think they know she’s not going to Oregon.

That's classy. I am a little worried about her frame, but she would be a great addition to any team. Hopefully she picks us.

But they are doing that to a kid not on their teams roster. We do that to OUs current players al the time.

It seems that Kennedy was very specific about how she would handle the selection. She would inform each of the three coaches that she didn't select after making her decision. Then, she would reveal her selection on Saturday afternoon.

I think Oregon has never been trustworthy. I still hold their university president responsible for breaking the rules in that football nonsense while never apologizing for what was an obvious violation by Oregon. The Pacific Ten commissioner apologized,, but not Oregon..

If we don't land Brown, do we go after a last minute Big for this class? Or do we gamble with what we have and wait for 2020??

In theory, we are still in the hunt for Rita Ogimbke (sp?).. She is listed by Raoul.

But, we may just wait. With Bloom, we may have the height.

I keep forgetting Bloom! I guess a lot of it will depend on how Lampkin plays, she may be a star, which would make this a mute point. Hopefully Williston surprises as well. Guess we will know the situation come Saturday!

I wonder. OU had a practice on TV today. Brown on her visit to Oregon St saw a practice and saw how the coaches coached. She didn't have that at the other schools. Also. I saw an article on beaversedge. They talked to Kennedy's mom. She talked about how the coach has always had a vision of where to play her. Oregon St got on Brown early. That article was glowing for Oregon St. Of course, the writer will make it favor the home team.

Rita Igbokwe 6'3" Post. Raoul only has her for 2 visits. Also says other schools unknown.

Back