Recruiting

Is Brown the last recruit? I would have loved to have Warnock. I guess OU quit recruiting her with the commit of Gregory and Scott. I really liked her game. Brown has that winning attitude. I think she could be that piece that puts OU over the top.

A bit disappointing. I am surprised at the choice of those three. I thought Notre Dame would be the primary competition. A Canadian in SC or Kentucky? But, then, she isn't Canadian.

I hope she chooses SC. I'm not a fan of Jeff Walz (pompous a**) or Mitchell. SC will have a lot of talent at guard for the coming years, but they have virtually no post players. Amihere can slot in at the 4 spot quite well.

I have a good feeling about Kennedy Brown coming to OU. If not, I think she'll end up at Oregon. I'm hoping the latter will be a touch too far away for her.

I hope that Brown is an OU fan. I get the impression, from where I don't remember, that her mother would like for her to stay in this area so she can watch her. I notice that she is in contact with Teresa Veitenheimer. Kennedy is in contact quite a bit with Gregory. Both are in contact with Tatum. Has Joanna McFarland no influence in Derby any more?

I don't know if SC can count on Amihere immediately. From watching her, she is a talent. But, she seems not to know basketball. I think she will have to learn the team game. May make some mistakes while learning. Someday....

I also hope Brown will pick OU, but Sherri has listed a tall player as a forward, and that is where Brown would like to play, so it would appear that she will be up against Madi for 2 seasons....

Also Amihere is extremely raw, but she has crazy athleticism would fit in nicely with the Run and rebound style of play most SEC teams play with.

I have noticed 2 other girls that are going to attend OU from Derby. I saw Brown liked some of their tweets. I like that she talks about hating to lose and wants to win. I like that OU has had success in Kansas. Maybe Emily Ryan in 2020.

I don't know if SC can count on Amihere immediately. From watching her, she is a talent. But, she seems not to know basketball. I think she will have to learn the team game. May make some mistakes while learning. Someday....

I thought that SC (our coach) had somehow gotten a miracle commitment from Amihere for a second or two.

I did notice Colton Coale follows Whitney Sollom(6'3")(2020) from Michigan. One problem is that one parent went to Michigan the other Michigan St. Who knows maybe she wants to get out of state. That way both parents will be happy. Making her own way. She looks to have a post up game. Also can step out and hit the jumper.

Jazmin Shelley 6’6 (Aus.) is reportedly committing to Oregon soon. Her former U17 teammate Lucy Cochrane may also commit but is visiting South Carolina among others. I think this could help Brown pick OU...

Why does everyone keep saying Williams will play a 4 AMD guard all of these taller players? Isn't she 5'10"? And a wing? I never played bb but isn't a 4 a forward? If so, doesn't make sense to put her there, and furthermore, she may hate playing there! Please someone clarify, as I'm confused..

P.S. I'm very confident about Brown! When is signing day?

Last edited:
I think the message board assignment of Williams to the 4 is probably due to:

1) we are shallow in experience on the interior
2) if you put our best five on the floor, it might be all guards
3) in the all-star games, they used Williams to shut down a forward who was going off on them. She managed to blanket a 6-3 forward, as well as cause problems for some pretty decent guards. Also, she is a rebounder and effective inside. Baylor's best forward, perhaps, in recent history was probably only 5-11.

Why does everyone keep saying Williams will play a 4 AMD guard all of these taller players? Isn't she 5'10"? And a wing? I never played bb but isn't a 4 a forward? If so, doesn't make sense to put her there, and furthermore, she may hate playing there! Please someone clarify, as I'm confused..

Madi Williams is 6'0" per the OU roster and she plays big for a 6'er.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211718256&DB_OEM_ID=31000&Q_SEASON=2018

To be quite honest, when Sherri plays 1 in and 4 out, the 4 out tend to be fairly interchangeable in the offense, so I'm not too worried about Madi playing a 2,3, or 4. As Spock said, she plays bigger than 6'0 and likes to rebound. That sounds good to me no matter how you cut it.

Brown said the program has been recruiting her longer than anyone else, talking about OU, I hope she remembers that after all her visits are taken...

Back