Recruiting

Sept 22 Army
Sept 29 Baylor
Oct. 27 Kansas State
Nov. 10 Oklahoma State

These are the home dates for football prior to the November 14 early signing date. Typically, we seem to like to bring in a player for a home game.

Of course, we had Liz Scott in for a basketball game in an unofficial visit. I was under the impression that Rita Igbokwe had already been to OU, although I don't know why I had that impression. Kennedy Brown was here Sept 7.

I assume that we are trying to schedule Laeticia Amihere. I thought she would certainly look at OU due to Shaina. I'm not so sure that November 10 wouldn't be a good time. Usually, it is not all that bad in October, and there may be a foot of snow on the ground when she leaves Canada.

2019 Recruit Rankings

Attachments

• WBB Recruit Rankings 9-19-18.PNG
    WBB Recruit Rankings 9-19-18.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 48
Karley is a 2022, I assume that Modesti is too.

Yes both kids are class of 2022, Karley looks like she can play on the wing some I think she will project as a small forward in college... Modesti is on the shorter side, but I really like that she looks for the 3, seeing a player create there own shot from deep off step backs, and escape dribbles is unique in itself... I would like to see both girls at OU...

https://www.nyaabasketball.org/page/show/1319598-girls-class-of

Looks like the state is full of young talent, I wonder what has changed over the years...

Looks like Amihere visiting Notre Dame this weekend. She has taken 3 official visits. No other visits scheduled yet. Brown not visiting UCLA until October 12 and Oregon St October 19, according to Raoul.

I didn't see any. I watch the game on TV and it flashed to the Women's Basketball team all sitting together at the front and I didn't see any unfamiliar faces...

If you watch the visitation lists on Raoul, it seems that the list has changed for several players and teams. As people commit, new people are scheduled. That hasn't seemed to happen at OU. It's like we knew who we were after and are simply waiting to see which of those comes to OU as though we have no interest in others this year. It may be down to Brown, Amihere, or 2020.

With the 7 new players, I wouldn’t expect OU to sign a lager class, I’m guessing were down to Brown or 2020, not sure Amihere is still looking at OU, and even if she was I’m not sure Sherri would take both Brown and Amihere.

If we don't land another big in this '19 class we are going to have a glaring hole in our team, in my opinion. I mean, unless Lampkin plays bigger than her height, or Bloom is taller than I've seen (I've seen 6'2" and 6'4" but based off of the clips I've watched, i'd lean more towards 6'2").

Natalija Marshall 6’5, forward from New York, and Kylee Watson 6’2 forward from New Jersey, are two class of 2020 post players OU follows on Twitter... I’m not sure we have ever signed a player from that area, but OU did recruit 2018 post Emily Engstler, but she went elsewhere...

Katelyn Levings 2020 from Oklahoma City is prolly a real possibility for OU, only problem is all our 2020 post targets are more so tall forward like 2019 Brown, not sure any of them would want to bang in the post...

Natalija Marshall 6’5, forward from New York, and Kylee Watson 6’2 forward from New Jersey, are two class of 2020 post players OU follows on Twitter... I’m not sure we have ever signed a player from that area, but OU did recruit 2018 post Emily Engstler, but she went elsewhere...

Katelyn Levings 2020 from Oklahoma City is prolly a real possibility for OU, only problem is all our 2020 post targets are more so tall forward like 2019 Brown, not sure any of them would want to bang in the post...

Basketball at all levels is evolving away from the traditional big physical but slow bang it down low center. Basketball is primarily about 3 point shots and driving to the bucket for layups or foul shots. In WBB McCowan at MSU is closest to a traditional center and she is 6’7” and athletic and quick. I think our recruiting reflects this trend. The important attribute is your post player needs to be athletic.

I would say Baylor's big girl down low is also another classic example.

Does anyone have any real connections to these recruits that have been on unofficial visits? How many of these players that have been on unofficial visits have been offered? I just have a strong feeling that we will miss out on a lot of great talent here in Oklahoma because we haven't offered them yet.

Does anyone have any real connections to these recruits that have been on unofficial visits? How many of these players that have been on unofficial visits have been offered? I just have a strong feeling that we will miss out on a lot of great talent here in Oklahoma because we haven't offered them yet.

Welcome to the board. You are probably right about missing good players because Coale is late in the process to offer them.

Back