Warren impressive in LeBron James Skills Academy game

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Source: NBADraft.net

* Oklahoma guard, Willie Warren proved why he ranks very highly on many early 2010 mock drafts. He was clearly the most impressive collegiate player on the floor this evening. Warren displayed a silky jump shot while swishing several three-point attempts. He also displayed excellent ball-handling skills and floor leadership as he often ran the point for his team. The 6’4” guard led his teammates, Greivis Vasquez, Jeff Allen, Edwin Ubiles and Larry Sanders to victory in two out of three games versus LeBron’s team. Warren capped off the evening with a vicious break away dunk to ice the rubber match versus team LeBron.

Great news! Hopefully he will step up as the leader of the team next season.

* Players that disappointed during the college player games were Devin Ebanks, Cole Aldrich and Yancy Gates. Ebanks disappeared for long periods of time and his rebounding was non-existent. Aldrich looked slow compared to the other big men and never impacted any of the games. Gates rebounded but was content to shoot 10-12 foot jump shots rather than use his size and strength for post up opportunities.

Blasphemy!!

Great news! Sounds like Willie is getting ready to take on a leadership role as well as prove why everyone says this will be his team with Blake not around. I have all of the confidence in the world that he will be up to the task.

Great news! Sounds like Willie is getting ready to take on a leadership role as well as prove why everyone says this will be his team with Blake not around. I have all of the confidence in the world that he will be up to the task.

I think he will be the most vocal leader that we have had since Jaison Williams or Q White.

Back