Watched Colorado last night.... they will win the 6 games.

thebigabd

Reaction score
As expected (by me), this is a different Colorado team. They are bigger, stronger, more athletic, more talented. Relphorde, Hornbuckle, and Burks are legit players and they have made Colorado much better.

I saw CU play a lot last year, and this is a much different team. They can shoot really well, they are all good passers, they are athletic, they have a couple of star caliber players with Cory Higgins and Alec Burks. Burks is going to go down as a huge recruiting blunder for Mike Anderson, because he is legit. Bzdelik has been saying he is better than Roby at this point, and from what I have seen I have to agree. He is a tremendous talent.

They play 1-3-1 zone and were flying all over the place on defense.... They put Burks at the top of it like OU used to do with Selvy. He is 6'6'' with a huge wingspan. They trap the corners, trap the post, etc. They couldnt do that last year because they werent deep or athletic enough.

Last night they jumped out to a 30-6 lead on Fang and the boys, and were up 73-33 at one point.. They didnt do that last year against anyone.

We will see how they do in Maui against a rebuilding Gonzaga team, but that game is going to be interesting.

Highlights can be found here: http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204835131

Last edited:
Re: Watched Colorado last night.... they will win the 6 big 12 games.

You love you some Colorado abd!

They might win six but that is more because the north will not be that good imo. Missouri will be down, Nebraska is not any good, KSU will be up and down. Kansas is good of course and they should split with ISU. Where do they play A&M and Tech, because that might determine whether they get to 6 wins.

Where do they play A&M and Tech, because that might determine whether they get to 6 wins.

They get Baylor, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma at home. OU has had a tough time winning in Boulder, and Tech and Baylor are never good on the road.

I predict these wins:
-Baylor
-Texas Tech
-Nebraska
-Nebraska
-Kansas State at home
-Iowa State at home
-Missouri at home

Anything else would be an upset.

That is 7 wins, but they only need 6 to win the bet against bigtime. :)

What section are we sitting in for the OU game, thebigabd?

What section are we sitting in for the OU game, thebigabd?

I can get a midcourt ticket in section 9 for $20.00... Best seats in the house.

EIBOVenueMap.cfm

I think that means they have to win 6 of these games:

Baylor, KSU, Nebraska, Missouri, Texas Tech, @ KSU, @ Nebraska, @ ATM.

If you giive them one of the games I did not list they have to win 5 of those games. I am not sure they can do that. I would not want to take CU in any of the road games or at home right now against Baylor or Missouri (I may change my mind about the home games as the season progresses). I would not feel confident taking CU at home against KSU, Nebraska and Tech (and would not bet that as a three game parlay).

I am not saying CU cannot win 6, it is still really early but I don't see them winning on the road.

I think that means they have to win 6 of these games:

Baylor, KSU, Nebraska, Missouri, Texas Tech, @ KSU, @ Nebraska, @ ATM.

Add OU at home to that list.

Colorado will not be beating Mizzou any time soon.

Burks is definitely a talented player. Talent is not what kept Anderson from recruiting him. There is a reason why he did not even get a sniff from Mizzou.

Burks is definitely a talented player. Talent is not what kept Anderson from recruiting him. There is a reason why he did not even get a sniff from Mizzou.

lol.

Colorado will not be beating Mizzou any time soon.

Biggest homer on this board....

Add OU at home to that list.

I disagree that OU should be added to that list. I am not saying it is impossible for CU to beat OU but OU will have the best player, better guard play, and worst case more depth for the paint if not better play.

better guard play

Not sure about that...

and worst case more depth for the paint if not better play.

Not sure about that....

It is way too early... we will just have to see where OU is by January, but a lot of my expections for Oklahoma were based on improvement from returning guys like Wright, Allen, and Willis. Those guys are not going to contribute at all, and that takes away from expectations.

wright had a good game in game 2 so your comment is not valid .. and most of the board thought allen would be the 4th post ..and willis the 6th guard ..

Biggest homer on this board....

Burks admitted as much in a recent interview. He was asked if the local team recruited him and he said both MU and Iowa State looked at him a bit, but thought he was lazy so didn't recruit him. His words, not mine. So, like I said... Anderson passed because of issues unrelated to his talent.

What exactly have I posted that has convinced you to label me the biggest homer on this board? This isn't the first time you've thrown that out. Is it because I don't think MU will finish in the bottom third of the conference? Or is it my generally positive outlook on MU recruiting? I don't think anything I've said yet about Mizzou has proven to be false.

Back