Watched Uconn/UK and KU/UCLA

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Great on the ball D, denying passing lanes and good decisions with the ball, that is the difference I see right now between these top 10 teams and OU. Our on the ball D is not close. KU was pushing guys 40 feet from the hoop with in your face D and denying the passing lanes.

With the athletes we have, especially at the guard spots, I don't see why we don't defend like that. It bothers me a great deal, actually.

With the athletes we have, especially at the guard spots, I don't see why we don't defend like that. It bothers me a great deal, actually.

we are effective in our 3/4 court trap.

UK/UConn was a great game to watch. 2 very good basketball teams. not a particularly huge UCONN fan and I dislike Calipari but can't argue with the product on the court.

Effort and immaturity...like you said, they are all capable...defense is one of the toughest things to coach because so much of it is anticipation and just knowledge of the game, not to mention that effort....but at least these are things Capel can impact...

Most high school players coming in have no idea the intensity that is needed to play at that level (why most lag behind for a good part of their freshman season if not longer)...the difference is night and day...

i would say that is the biggest jump, from college to the NBA isnt near as wide a gap IMO...now i didnt play in any games but did practice and even though you could tell the difference it was a slower more of a thinking game...my problem was that i just wasnt quick enough to guard at that level (all the effort in the world wasnt gonna change that for me :))...offensively i could hold my own...

Most high school players coming in have no idea the intensity that is needed to play at that level (why most lag behind for a good part of their freshman season if not longer)...the difference is night and day...
The biggest difference to me is that in high school most teams only had 2 or 3 good players. At the next level (whatever level that may be) they are all at least "good" players.

The biggest difference to me is that in high school most teams only had 2 or 3 good players. At the next level (whatever level that may be) they are all at least "good" players.

Yep. That's what is so funny about people who are so critical of players and they have never played past HS much less even be a good HS player. I played small college ball and every guy on my team was a starter for a 6A level school and an all conference type guy. Each level you go up it just gets better and better. At the D-1 level every single guy is an All State player at the very least and was dominant in HS.

Back