West Virginia at OU

sybarite

Reaction score
Sherri was very upbeat in the SportsTalk show from Rudi's, telecast tonight in Dallas. I think it is on Thursday night.

She was happy with the start against Texas, other than that Dee got three fouls, and Ana got two, in a hurry. Dee didn't play much after that.

She was very complimentary of Mandy as the leader of the offense, the one who understood most who should be doing what and where. Has the highest basketball IQ on the team.

Madi is so good that she will be a superstar. Is just now learning how to be one.. Has to be shown how her contribution was what made a play work. She penetrated which created an open three for Taylor. She has to see what her actions do.

Sherri picks three things to show them every film session. Won't remember more. Which three does this player need now? Needs to work on this. Makes it a teachable year. Says this team has the highest IQ of any team she has ever recruited, and they are learning at a good rate. By the time they are juniors..............

Says that they have to learn each other at the same time. If I do this, what will the effect be on this player over here, given who it is. At first, they don't know that kind of thing. By the time they are juniors, they will.

Shaina was sitting because she forgets that there are others on the court. She shoots and stands there to see what will happen. Needs to learn that there is always something that she should be doing. Get the board. Get back on defense. Get open so someone can get you the ball. Needs to learn to play without the ball.

Interesting show tonight.

WV has Martin back. Ouch. Got some talent.

The next 4 games will be a real test for OU... if we can go 3-1 then we could still have a chance at post season play. If OU goes 0-4 then the season will pretty much be over, you never know with this team, if we don’t win another game until the 30th vs KU at home, it will be pretty painful to watch as fans and I’m sure it will be demoralizing for the players...

If we want to go at least 9-9, there is some teama that we must beat twice. We will probably lose twice to Baylor, maybe Texas and Iowa State. Now, we have to beat K State in Norman.

WV has some talent. I don't know how they have been #151 while 10-4. We are #137 at 5-9.

They have some talent. But, they seem to shoot as well from three as from two. They don't seem to have the tall 58% from the field shooters that they usually have. But, they have a bunch who shoot threes. Martin, Davenport, and Pardee carry them. Martin is better from three than from two. Gondrezick has shot poorly. But, she scores a lot. She has missed the last six games. Davenport can score.

They do have a 6-6 post. but, she isn't really a rebounder. They'll probably block about four or five shots.

Their only good win was over OSU in Morgantown in their last game. They held OSU's shooters to something like 13 from 49 (top three shooters).

West Virginia seems to always give us real fits, no matter where each team is ranked. We have trouble handling their full-court press and they’ve always had some good shooters.

I think it’s true that this game could be a harbinger for how the rest of the season turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloom is here! She's 6'3 or 6'4. So that will help next year. Australians are notoriously skilled bigs so let's hope!

Bloom is here! She's 6'3 or 6'4. So that will help next year. Australians are notoriously skilled bigs so let's hope!

I can't tell if she is on the bench or if that is our walk on. The shot I saw she looks a good 2in taller, maybe three, than Simpson...

but can we just talk about how three consecutive trips we've turned the ball over, already! I don't see this team actually getting any better throughout the season as promised, considering we're so young but so talented. If this team continues to play like crap and does not show any signs of improvement we're going to be stuck around 8 wins for the season because every team in the Big 12 is competitive. Kansas just upset Kansas State in Manhattan for example.. no 'Win' is guaranteed... except for maybe if you are our opponent!!

The performance this quarter is absolutely pathetic. How bad is it? Penzo is playing.

I bet Sherri & Colton working hard even as I type to get these young ladies on the road to victory

I just don't understand how they can still be this bad. Is it that we really don't have a whole lot of talent and we've just been over scored on what we do have? Pellington hasn't even gotten in the game yet because if anything she's just a turnover machine and is streaky as can be... A true product of a player that has been under SC FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. THEY JUST GET WORSE AND WORSE

I just don't understand how they can still be this bad. Is it that we really don't have a whole lot of talent and we've just been over scored on what we do have? Pellington hasn't even gotten in the game yet because if anything she's just a turnover machine and is streaky as can be... A true product of a player that has been under SC FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. THEY JUST GET WORSE AND WORSE

The irony is that Pellington is probably OU's most talented player in terms of upside. I fear some of these girls may hit the transfer portal.

I wonder if Bloom still in the building or seen enough already ?

I don't understand why we don't sun Simpson out. She can't do anything when she gets tired. You're down 20 Sherri. Give someone else a shot.

The irony is that Pellington is probably OU's most talented player in terms of upside. I fear some of these girls may hit the transfer portal.

ABSOLUTELY! there's absolutely no way that at least one or two of these girls does not transfer out. Most likely Williston, with how bad our team is and her still not getting any playing time that is like a kick in the gut to her. I mean she can't be any worse than what we've got out there playing at this point. This team doesn't know how to dribble, shoot free throws, set pics to get shooters open, all of the fundamentals of basketball are completely out of the window. I can't imagine that this is because these players are so young. I'm looking at our remaining schedule and see one maybe two potential wins against Kansas and Oklahoma State but those are not even guaranteed at this point. We will not come back and win this game. We've not proven that we are good enough to mount a comeback thus far this season and are in an 18-point hole right now with Martin on the opposing team.. I just don't see much hope for the rest of the season and I hope that sorry excuse for a coach SC gets booted out!

Wow. EJ places decently well and Sherri pulls her. I used to be a huge coale fan but I've lost all faith. She can't coach anymore.

What’s the lowest point total for OU during Sheri’s tenure? We have to be close to it.

I don’t care what her shortcomings may be, but, IMHO, Sherri has to start and play Pellington more.

She gives us our only real chance of winning any game.

Got some soul-searching to do. They made a winnable game into an impossible win by simply not paying attention to the game in the first quarter. Looked like they had never seen a basketball.

Post game Sherri just said she knew the girls weren’t focused and motivated for the game and she could tell it in the warm-up.

Sometimes that happens.

It made me wonder, however, if this team has given up or may be on the verge of giving up.

Opinions?

Post game Sherri just said she knew the girls weren’t focused and motivated for the game and she could tell it in the warm-up.

Sometimes that happens.

It made me wonder, however, if this team has given up or may be on the verge of giving up.

Opinions?

I don't think the team has given up completely yet. They did make a little come back at one point, but I dunno if it was more of WVU not playing as hard or OU playing better. Maybe we should message Colton and ask him?

It sounds and looks like they've given up, or the coaches even have. When you are not excited or motivated to be successful then its a reflection of your management, or coaching in this case. I say this horrible staff has turned these eager to learn, hungry for success, young players into a hopeless, on the verge of giving up group of girls...and whats most frustrating is that SC doesn't seem to care! Nor does her lazy, dead-in-the-eyes-looking assistant coaches. It's time for a DAMN change! I have looked at the next several games and with how we are playing (or better yet, not playing), I see our season ending at 10-19....not even good enough for the WNIT. Maybe when this happens, the AD or president even will realize that our WBB is the worst women's sports program at our school and our overpaid coach needs to go? Call me crazy, but that seems to be the next logical step. We are at the total bottom of the Big 12, an embarrassment right now.

Back