What in the name of Blue Bloods is going on?

I don’t think KU should be lumped in with the struggling blue bloods by any means. They played one atrocious game but have beaten some good teams and are likely going to have a typical KU season. They just never have a truly down season, unfortunately.

I don’t think KU should be lumped in with the struggling blue bloods by any means. They played one atrocious game but have beaten some good teams and are likely going to have a typical KU season. They just never have a truly down season, unfortunately.

Agreed. I started this thread not long after Texas embarrassed KU on their home floor. That’s why I said, “If KU and MSU continue their slide...”

Now we know home losses are fairly common this season.

Yet soooo many on here seem to want to discount the fact that LK has gotten OU into the tourney 7 of the last 8 seasons. It's NOT easy and a given for ANYONE to make it!!

The one and done rule has ruined college basketball and I hate it. It's hard to follow anyone and be excited because most of the blue blood programs fill their rosters with new faces every year. Kids need to be 3 years post high school before they can jump to the NBA. Same as the transfer portal in college football, it needs to go away or needs to be tweaked. It is ruining some programs.

The one and done rule has ruined college basketball and I hate it. It's hard to follow anyone and be excited because most of the blue blood programs fill their rosters with new faces every year. Kids need to be 3 years post high school before they can jump to the NBA. Same as the transfer portal in college football, it needs to go away or needs to be tweaked. It is ruining some programs.

Why do kids “need” 3 years in college before the nba? What i think needs to happen is going to the college baseball model. You can go pro right out of high school if you choose to or go to school and you are there 3 years.

Why do kids “need” 3 years in college before the nba? What i think needs to happen is going to the college baseball model. You can go pro right out of high school if you choose to or go to school and you are there 3 years.

I like this as well. Anything is better than the one and done.

Football is three years not basketball. I’m fairly sure basketball is one year after they graduate from high school, or when they’re 19 years old.

Football is three years not basketball. I’m fairly sure basketball is one year after they graduate from high school, or when they’re 19 years old.

3 years is what the poster I responded too said needs to be the rule.

Yes, only for basketball I'd say 2 years.

And tonight, Kentucky gets run out of Rupp Arena by Bama (losing by 20). Also Puke loses....which makes for a good night any night.

When is the last time that Kentucky, KU, and Puke all lost on the same night? God bless 2021.:D

And Bama was missing some starters. They're going to be a tough matchup for us, I fear.

And Bama was missing some starters. They're going to be a tough matchup for us, I fear.

Since losing at home to Western Kentucky, Bama has figured some things out. They have won 6 in a row including @Tennessee and @Kentucky tonight. Although I believe the SEC is pretty down this year, they appear to be a really solid team.

Our game with them will be a slugfest....very similar to our matchup with Mississippi State last year.

Maybe it has something to do with those programs getting caught cheating with shoe contracts/agents/bagmen.

I thought I would bump this thread. And I also wanted to add Michigan State to this mix. They are about to drop to 8-6 (2-6 in the Big 10). They will have plenty of chances down the stretch for Q-1 wins, but it's very unusual to see that they haven't beaten anyone of substance all year....except for maybe Rutgers.

As for the other teams Ada had mentioned, I think Kentucky is done. UNC is starting to figure some things out and will probably make the tournament. Duke and Indiana are both going to need some Q-1 wins down the stretch, but they are on the outside looking in as of now. UCLA is safely in for now.

Back