What in the name of Blue Bloods is going on?

I thought I would bump this thread. And I also wanted to add Michigan State to this mix. They are about to drop to 8-6 (2-6 in the Big 10). They will have plenty of chances down the stretch for Q-1 wins, but it's very unusual to see that they haven't beaten anyone of substance all year....except for maybe Rutgers.

As for the other teams Ada had mentioned, I think Kentucky is done. UNC is starting to figure some things out and will probably make the tournament. Duke and Indiana are both going to need some Q-1 wins down the stretch, but they are on the outside looking in as of now. UCLA is safely in for now.

Interesting that you mention MSU’s win over Rutgers earlier in the season. I watched the last few minutes of their second meeting last Thursday. The final score was 67-37 RUTGERS! Let me repeat that. Michigan State lost to Rutgers by 30 points!

Izzo and the boys deserve to be added to the “What in the name of blue bloods is going on?” thread. Can this season get any stranger?

Interesting that you mention MSU’s win over Rutgers earlier in the season. I watched the last few minutes of their second meeting last Thursday. The final score was 67-37 RUTGERS! Let me repeat that. Michigan State lost to Rutgers by 30 points!

Izzo and the boys deserve to be added to the “What in the name of blue bloods is going on?” thread. Can this season get any stranger?

Rutgers is nota bad team this year. they are led by Ron Harper Jr. (yes that Ron Harper that won 5 rings in the NBA with the Bulls and Lakers) who is averaging 17.6 pts, 6.5 reb, 2 ast, and shooting 46% for the field 38 % from 3.

Rutgers is nota bad team this year. they are led by Ron Harper Jr. (yes that Ron Harper that won 5 rings in the NBA with the Bulls and Lakers) who is averaging 17.6 pts, 6.5 reb, 2 ast, and shooting 46% for the field 38 % from 3.

I watched enough of the game to know Rutgers is a good team. But 30 points better than a team that beat them earlier in the season? A MSU team that is usually one of the thoroughbreds of college basketball?

This has been a crazy season so far!

Back