Who are your 1st/2nd round upsets?

stormspencer

Reaction score
And don't even think about listing OU.....that is blasphemy!:D

I'm not much into the trendy picks although some of them do turn out to be correct in various years. This year, from what I've gathered and watched, I believe the two trendiest picks are UNI over Texas and Iona over Iowa State, but I don't see either of those happening....and I can explain if need be. Yet, these are the games I'm looking at on my bracket(s) as higher seeds going down:
11) Gonzaga over 6) Seton Hall
12) UALR over 5) Purdue
13) Hawaii over 4) Cal
Michigan/Tulsa winner over 6) Notre Dame
10) Temple over Iowa and onto the Sweet 16
10) VCU over 7) Oregon St. - this isn't really an upset, VCU is favored.

And I'm toying with the idea of St. Joe's over Oregon in the 2nd round.

What are your thoughts? And feel free to disagree with my picks above. I haven't seen too many of the games of the above teams.

UNCW over Duke in a 4/13 game, I like the 11 seeds a lot this year and Hawaii will be a tough out.

I have Hawaii beating Cal, Chattanooga beating Indiana and Providence getting to the sweet 16....

I also have Hawaii beating Cal. And, I have underdog Oregon State beating VCU. VCU is a popular pick among the so-called experts, but I believe our Sooners will get Oregon State in the second round.

mike daum and the jackrabbits of south dakota state. frosh is legit.

I also have Hawaii beating Cal. And, I have underdog Oregon State beating VCU. VCU is a popular pick among the so-called experts, but I believe our Sooners will get Oregon State in the second round.

On their 18 player roster, Oregon State had eight players 6'10" or better. I'm not sure how good they are on the inside or how many of these guys (a lot are foreigners) are walk-ons.

Iowa over Nova. Came very, very close to pulling the trigger on Uconn over Kansas, but ended up deciding against it.

Few I've got...UConn over Kansas. I'm thinking of picking Iona over Iowa State. Northern Iowa over Texas.

My upset special is Stephen F. Austin over West Virginia. I'm sure this will get a few laughs but they are a senior laden team and 3rd straight year in the dance. Maturity and experience can't be manufactured.

They beat VCU 2 years ago and if they can handle the press even somewhat and rebound, West Virginia is susceptible given their shooting woes (except against OU). I have them onto the sweet 16 in one bracket. Granted it's only in one or two of my brackets but I think most people are simply overlooking SFA.

I like OU's chances. WVU I'm just not sure.

Bump. :woot:woot

My upset special is Stephen F. Austin over West Virginia. I'm sure this will get a few laughs but they are a senior laden team and 3rd straight year in the dance. Maturity and experience can't be manufactured.

They beat VCU 2 years ago and if they can handle the press even somewhat and rebound, West Virginia is susceptible given their shooting woes (except against OU). I have them onto the sweet 16 in one bracket. Granted it's only in one or two of my brackets but I think most people are simply overlooking SFA.

Back