Will they ever get rid of the possession arrow?

These are the same people who think its ok to stand under the net and take a charge while I guy is setting the ball in the rim.
You need to be specific with names when posting like this.

The last few minutes of a tight game are the only times I really notice the rule at all
Fixed.

You need to be specific with names when posting like this.

SoonerfanTU.

I notice when a tie up happens, of course. But you really notice how it affects the game under 5 minutes in a close one.

Ouch. Not a lot to look at.

Limon, Colorado (a truck stop town), then grass for 4 hours... Hays, KS (Wendys), then grass for 3 hours... Wichita, Kansas (first braums, quiktrip, and taco bueno), then grass for 3 hours... Highway 412 toward Tulsa, grass for an hour or so.

Finally, I reach Tulsa. :)

SoonerfanTU.

Yep, I don't think we need a circle either.

If you like the NBA rules so much, why don't you stop watching college ball, and JUST watch the NBA? You can watch the circle and jump balls all night long.

If you like the NBA rules so much, why don't you stop watching college ball, and JUST watch the NBA? You can watch the circle and jump balls all night long.

I watch both. I follow college basketball much more closely, and it's because of this that I want to see proper rules adjustments to make it even better.

Dick Vitale hates the possession arrow too, by the way. That doesnt make him a bad college basketball fan.

I watch both. I follow college basketball much more closely, and it's because of this that I want to see proper rules adjustments to make it even better.

Dick Vitale hates the possession arrow too, by the way. That doesnt make him a bad college basketball fan.

The only reason to change it is to shut Vitale up, that is probably the one thing he complains about the most. I can see both ways being unfair, it puts one team at a disadvantage. I like the possession arrow, it's quick and gets the game going again.

As for worst drive, Denver-Tulsa is a close second to Denver-Dallas. My history professor once said, "Salina, Hays, Hell...it's all the same."

Personally, I like to idea where the ball goes to the defense. If not, the jump ball idea is okay with me. However, if it doesn't change, you won't see me complaining. I just wouldn't mind seeing it change.

the charge needs to be gone before the arrow. the worst play in basketball a player leaves his feet and somebody slides under him. the game would be much better with out the charge.

the charge needs to be gone before the arrow. the worst play in basketball a player leaves his feet and somebody slides under him. the game would be much better with out the charge.

I agree with you here. This play irritates me to no end. A guy is in the air, how do you expect him to redirect himself when someone slides under him, after he has left his feat?... Don't get it at all.

10 seconds to go, TMG makes a brilliant play to tie up Pittman, and his "reward" is to jump it? It works both ways. Niether rule is perfect for all situations, but the arrow does make sure its even, and keeps the game moving.

Refs suck at throwing jump balls, do you really want the refs more involved?

Here's a vote for the "defense" gaining possession. However, alternating possession isn't the worst.

Refs suck at throwing jump balls, do you really want the refs more involved?

Actually, that was one of the reasons the jump ball rule was changed to alternating possessions. The main reason was to speed the game up by eliminating the problem of trying to get players to take their place around the circles and quit jockeying for position.

I'm not a huge fan of the possession arrow, but I have to agree the rule has served its purpose in fixing the problems described above.

Back