Willie is not a lotto today

Man there is a lot of fans trashing Willie as a player.
Never thought I'd see it.
Kid can flat out go. Has he had a rough start? Sure, but he's not the first college guy to have a rough start. He's still avg 20 a night on 50% shooting and 5 assists a game. What does he need to be Blake for some of you to think he's a lotto? He's never going to be Blake. That's not him. He's ****y and flashy. He always has been. He's still a big time player.

Kid can flat out go. Has he had a rough start? Sure, but he's not the first college guy to have a rough start. He's still avg 20 a night on 50% shooting and 5 assists a game. What does he need to be Blake for some of you to think he's a lotto? He's never going to be Blake. That's not him. He's ****y and flashy. He always has been. He's still a big time player.

Not trashing Willie just stating the opinion as of 12/03 he hasn't played like a lotto and if the draft was on 12/03 I don't believe he would by a lotto pick. He has been a very good college player up to 12/03, 10 guys that made the Alaska all conference team won't be lotto picks this year.

Willie has work to do if he is going pro after this year.

butter, there has never been and will never be an NBA lottery pick determined by their performance at the great alaska shootout.

But, let's say there is, which of Willies 2 performances doomed his lottery chances? His 30 point game vs San Diego or his 25 point effort vs Houston?

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
Klay Thompson – WSU

ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM – 2009 Shootout
Malcolm Campbell – UAA
DeAngelo Castro – WSU
Aubrey Coleman – UH
Brandon Johnson – USD
Chris Lewis – USD
Kelvin Lewis – UH
De’Jon Jackson – USD
Reggie Moore – WSU
Brandon Walker – WSU
Tiny Gallon – OU

I explained the reason for it.

Taylor Griffin?
Decent example. There are numerous examples of lottery picks not even starting on their teams. (Westbrook again off the top of my head)

The best rookie in the NBA right now got beat up on in Europe. That didn't change how talented he was.

Not trashing Willie just stating the opinion as of 12/03 he hasn't played like a lotto and if the draft was on 12/03 I don't believe he would by a lotto pick. He has been a very good college player up to 12/03, 10 guys that made the Alaska all conference team won't be lotto picks this year.

Willie has work to do if he is going pro after this year.

Well I'll ask again since no one wanted to answer but name me 13 guys that are going ahead of him in the lotto. Ain't gonna happen which is my guess why nobody answered. :)

The funny thing is we had very similar threads about Blake during his freshmen year. Wasn't a lottery pick, played lazy, could only dunk needed to expand his offensive game, blah, blah, blah. Some people either just don't get it or I have no idea what the NBA is about.

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
Klay Thompson – WSU

ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM – 2009 Shootout
Malcolm Campbell – UAA
DeAngelo Castro – WSU
Aubrey Coleman – UH
Brandon Johnson – USD
Chris Lewis – USD
Kelvin Lewis – UH
De’Jon Jackson – USD
Reggie Moore – WSU
Brandon Walker – WSU
Tiny Gallon – OU
Those guys voting probably decided that Willie missing one game was reason enough to vote him out. I can't even imagine how bad Houston would have beat us without Willie. Yikes. Oh, and Willie is better than all of those players you listed, although Aubrey Coleman is awfully good.

Yes, the main focus as far any NBA discussion goes should probably be on "talent".

I only like to compare players that I have actually seen play. That would include Mookie and Hollis Price at OU; and Chris Paul and Westbrooke in OKC. With regard to talent, you would be hard pressed to view WW as the lesser of any of those players. Experience, maturity and even game performance, maybe; but talent, no.

I don't even think the team has played bad per se Nick. The team has played young and the coach has shuffled the rotation giving people a chance to prove they can contribute. He threw guys a bone to prove themselves.

Now the smoke is starting to clear and the 2 most productive upperclassmen and the 3 McDonalds All Americans underclassmen will get the lions share of the minutes with Steven Pledger and Ryan Wright earning reserve minutes.

Before the last 2 games I think you can say the team had played bad. They weren't coordinated as a team. They looked like they didn't know what was going on. And Willie even looked bad at some parts even in the games in which he was scoring points.

Well I'll ask again since no one wanted to answer but name me 13 guys that are going ahead of him in the lotto. Ain't gonna happen which is my guess why nobody answered. :)

The funny thing is we had very similar threads about Blake during his freshmen year. Wasn't a lottery pick, played lazy, could only dunk needed to expand his offensive game, blah, blah, blah. Some people either just don't get it or I have no idea what the NBA is about.

Updated 12/07 http://www.nbadraft.net/

1 New Jersey John Wall Fr.
2 *Minnesota Donatas Motiejunas Intl.
3 Philadelphia Derrick Favors Fr.
4 *Utah Wesley Johnson Jr.
5 Golden St. Al-Farouq Aminu So.
6 Indiana Devin Ebanks So.
7 Washington Cole Aldrich Jr.
8 Chicago Xavier Henry Fr.
9 Memphis Evan Turner Jr.
10 Detroit Arnett Moultrie So.
11 New Orleans Patrick Patterson Jr.
12 LA Clippers Larry Sanders Jr.
13 Sacramento Ed Davis So.
14 Oklahoma Cty Willie Warren So

WWIII has been listed better by other websites, looks like today he is on the fence depending on a team's needs. That will change with more AZ type performances.

Last edited:
Remember when Taj Gray was a first round pick according to those?

WWIII has been listed higher by other websites, looks like today he is on the fence depending on a team's needs. That will change with more AZ type performances.

The one thing Willie has going for him is that this is a weak PG class, that would probably bump him further down.

WWIII has been listed better by other websites, looks like today he is on the fence depending on a team's needs. That will change with more AZ type performances.

Exactly and that list is weak and is definitely not the norm.
Here's the best site. 41 different mock drafts broken down easily with the top 6. WW is in the top 6 on about 60% of them. Top 6.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/files/mockdraftdatabase/nba.html

Stunning that Buttermaker would choose that website.

LOL at draft rankings period. About as useful as preseason polls.

Remember when Taj Gray was a first round pick according to those?

Who was the fool who thought Longar Longar could go in the very late first round? I remember buying into his logic at the time, but it was later revealed that Longar was already 25 years old and had little upside.

Poor guy....

Who was the fool who thought Longar Longar could go in the very late first round? I remember buying into his logic at the time, but it was later revealed that Longar was already 25 years old and had little upside.

Poor guy....
It's okay, thebigabd. Remember, everyone agreed with your Longar assessment. It's not like you had other people disagreeing with you to give you pause.

:ed

Stunning that Buttermaker would choose that website.

LOL at draft rankings period. About as useful as preseason polls.

I googled and that was the first one that came up which usually means it gets the most hits, I assumed it would be a decent website. Cheo asked for 13 that could be taken before WWIII there she was.

Of course I also assumed Tiger Woods wasn't retarded enough to cheat daily on his crazy hot wife. Man what a horrid mess that deal is going to be.

I googled
:ez-roll:

Of course I also assumed Tiger Woods wasn't retarded enough to cheat daily on his crazy hot wife. Man what a horrid mess that deal is going to be.
Indeed. Jack's record may now be safe.

The Tiger has been in a cage his entire life, he finally got out of his cage for a bit and we had a bimbo eruption. Not a big deal. His mistake was getting married too young.

Back