Willie is not a lotto today

Willie is so good he's not playing well right now and still averaging 19 a game. Imagine how much he'll be scoring once he gets out of this funk.

Right on the nail.

As this team comes together so will WW.

Nobody would be complaining about say Hollis Price if he was averaging 19 a game over a 6 or 7 game stretch.

Nobody would be complaining about say Hollis Price if he was averaging 19 a game over a 6 or 7 game stretch.

Exactly. Sure Willie has had some rough games and the suspension really irked me....but to say he's can't be the same player or a lotto pick is silly.

The title of the thread claimed he was not a lotto TODAY. Clearly he is on 12/6/2009 though.....

I thought about that when the game started and realized I was probably a bit off base. When Willie plays bad he scores a lot of points. He is a really good player. I just wanted OU to be undefeated at this point and worst case 1 loss.

I thought about that when the game started and realized I was probably a bit off base. When Willie plays bad he scores a lot of points. He is a really good player. I just wanted OU to be undefeated at this point and worst case 1 loss.

The thing is that the team wasn't playing well to start the season not just Willie. I'll agree that Willie wasn't playing great. But he was doing some good things and doing his job for the most part offensively. His defense wasn't great but still 19 points a game and now it's over 20 points a game is pretty good.

The thing is that the team wasn't playing well to start the season not just Willie. I'll agree that Willie wasn't playing great. But he was doing some good things and doing his job for the most part offensively. His defense wasn't great but still 19 points a game and now it's over 20 points a game is pretty good.

27 players were averaging 20+ ppg going into today's games.

I'd say none of them will be lottery picks. Maybe one. The rest have no chance. Stats don't always tell the entire story. You are using WW's average ppg to defend his play. That, especially this early in the season, is not an accurate gauge of anything.

27 players were averaging 20+ ppg going into today's games.

I'd say none of them will be lottery picks. Maybe one. The rest have no chance. Stats don't always tell the entire story. You are using WW's average ppg to defend his play. That, especially this early in the season, is not an accurate gauge of anything.
How about apg?

Good way to put it.
No it's not, and I think thebigabd was speaking whimsically.

Last edited:
The title of the thread claimed he was not a lotto TODAY. Clearly he is on 12/6/2009 though.....

Oh crap Warren you had to go out and look like the best damn player in the country today.

Willie if you keep this up you are going to mess up our starting lineup next year dang it. Stop playing so darn good the NBA GM's are watching.

How about apg?

Too early for any "stat per game" at this point. One good game, and your average is super inflated.

But that said, can I also look at his t/o's per game, or assist to t/o ratio? Take away the first game, and I think WW's is 1/1. Not so great, huh?

Too early for any "stat per game" at this point. One good game, and your average is super inflated.

But that said, can I also look at his t/o's per game, or assist to t/o ratio? Take away the first game, and I think WW's is 1/1. Not so great, huh?
So some stats matter, some don't? Do you have a breakdown of every last turnover (obviously with video footage with breakdown on all of them) so we can give a fair assessment? For example, he was credited with 2 turnovers last night that in no way shape or form (only a blind idiot would argue it) were his fault.

And to answer your question, no, I don't care about stats. (what were westbrook's stats at UCLA?) My eyes tell me he's a lottery pick. The people arguing that he isn't are just frustrated that a team with 5 freshmen playing minutes and 3 of them playing significant minutes has lost 3 games so far. So, they have to pick a scapegoat. Instead of having a basic understanding of how much harder this level is than high school, people have to find someone to blame, so they go after a guy that had a pizza at a restaurant when he was supposed to be sick and attach an attitude problem with it because it gives them a reason to feel good that they have it figured out. They sit back in their office cubicles, still sore from their YMCA game 3 days ago (tough loss to the police officers) and try to pin it all on one guy whose demise is greatly exaggerated.

Last edited:
So some stats matter, some don't? Do you have a breakdown of every last turnover (obviously with video footage with breakdown on all of them) so we can give a fair assessment? For example, he was credited with 2 turnovers last night that in no way shape or form (only a blind idiot would argue it) were his fault.

And to answer your question, no, I don't care about stats. My eyes tell me he's a lottery pick. The people arguing that he isn't are just frustrated that a team with 5 freshmen playing minutes and 3 of them playing significant minutes has lost 3 games so far. So, they have to pick a scapegoat. Instead of having a basic understanding of how much harder this level is than high school, people have to find someone to blame, so they go after a guy that had a pizza at a restaurant when he was supposed to be sick and attach an attitude problem with it because it gives them a reason to feel good that they have it figured out. They sit back in their office cubicles, still sore from their YMCA game 3 days ago (tough loss to the police officers) and try to pin it all on one guy whose demise is greatly exaggerated.

Fair enough, but I'd argue that WW hasn't brought it game in and game out like he should be. If you feel like he played basketball at a high level in the VCU, Ark, or SD games.....well, I'd disagree.

We don't need WW blowing the **** up every other game. We need WW to lead this team game in and game out. We need WW to cut down on his ridiculously high turnover numbers. We need WW to not pout and stop hussling when games aren't going his way. We need WW to lead the youngsters by example, both in the games and in practices. We need WW to quit dating teammates' ex's, as nothing good can come from that.

All of the above things have been mentioned as "problems" this season. I'm not arguing lotto pick or not. Somebody would likely select him there today. Doesn't mean I would, but somebody would. I'm speaking to WW's role/play on the team this year to date.

Fair enough, but I'd argue that WW hasn't brought it game in and game out like he should be. If you feel like he played basketball at a high level in the VCU, Ark, or SD games.....well, I'd disagree.

We don't need WW blowing the **** up every other game. We need WW to lead this team game in and game out. We need WW to cut down on his ridiculously high turnover numbers. We need WW to not pout and stop hussling when games aren't going his way. We need WW to lead the youngsters by example, both in the games and in practices. We need WW to quit dating teammates' ex's, as nothing good can come from that.

All of the above things have been mentioned as "problems" this season. I'm not arguing lotto pick or not. Somebody would likely select him there today. Doesn't mean I would, but somebody would. I'm speaking to WW's role/play on the team this year to date.
Fair enough. But, as Willie's supporting cast begins to step up, it won't be magic that he will be "playing better" all of a sudden.

Maybe I'm missing something but Willie looks to be our best player and is playing lights out right now. That's all I really care about. If that continues, I can't imagine how he wouldn't be a lotto pick. All of this "WW isn't all that" is baffling to me. I LOVE that guy!

Maybe I'm missing something but Willie looks to be our best player and is playing lights out right now. That's all I really care about. If that continues, I can't imagine how he wouldn't be a lotto pick. All of this "WW isn't all that" is baffling to me. I LOVE that guy!

I agree. It's not baffling though. Some people are always negative.
If Willie has his head on straight he's one of the best players in the country and a definite lotto pick. And he's a lotto pick without his head on straight because the NBA drafts on potential.
He's had a rough start mentally but I think it probably has to do with the losing. He's certainly looked the part mentally the last game or two. He seems to be a good kid that's just young and talented.
People shouldn't throw him under the bus...he's young and is maturing.

LOL @ any GM dumb enough to pick that stiff Aldrich ahead of Willie Warren.

Aldrich is just another tall slow goofball who will get abused in the NBA while WW will be slicing and dicing finding his spots all over the floor and getting to the rim often.

Back