Willie Warren has rendered me speechless

WW....1 rebound, 4 assists, 5 TOs with 4 points on 2/6 shooting...

Should at least be able to crash the boards if he is doubled on O.

Since there was a huge debate after the Utah game, what do the WW defenders have to say? He apparently doesn't care. Can't tell you how many times he got beat off the dribble or just didn't care about getting back on defense. This is one game where I can say definitively he actually hurt the team more than he helped...

Gotta agree. The team's best player has to play better. Four point, 1 reb, 3 assists and 5 TOs is not a good performance by any stretch of the imagination!

Speechless is the perfect word to describe Willie today.

I just don't understand what motivates him. To me it's pretty obvious it's not playing hard for his teammates

What are you talkin about? The teams best player had 24 points today.

Crocker played well until the end when he about gave away the game. This game is over until he shoots the ball at 1:30 left with 30 seconds left on the shot clock. Then he misses the front end of a 1 and 1, then he throws the ball away on the inbounds.

WW was the focus of their defense and didn't force things. He did nothing to hurt us. Now if he forces 20 scores and scores 4 points it's a problem. But he didn't.

As usual when the WW haters come out of the woodwork you can expect a couple monster games from him coming right up.

Crocker played well until the end when he about gave away the game. This game is over until he shoots the ball at 1:30 left with 30 seconds left on the shot clock. Then he misses the front end of a 1 and 1, then he throws the ball away on the inbounds.

WW was the focus of their defense and didn't force things. He did nothing to hurt us. Now if he forces 20 scores and scores 4 points it's a problem. But he didn't.

As usual when the WW haters come out of the woodwork you can expect a couple monster games from him coming right up.

What a wild thread. I am speechless once again!

Excellent point about Crocker but there is no relation which exists about whether people chide Willie and possible "future monster games."

There is no relation which exists about whether people chide Willie and possible "future monster games."

Sure there is. Watch and see. The more the rush to judgment crowd on this board criticizes some player or coach, the better that player or coach performs.

See Frank Martin, Pat Knight, Scott Drew and now for some ungodly season Willie Warren.

I blame WW for this play, because he was rounding back up the court instead of going and getting the ball! Very lazy play from him all day, and Capel had him on the bench at the end of the game because of it too!

Last edited:
I think he is drunk off his own kool-aid, will definitely be back next year.

Willie is NOT a leader, imo.

He is too busy pouting around and not doing the little things you have to do to win games. His effort is just plain awful. I will never call out a player for not producing, but I will for dogging it.

If his all around play does not improve, this team is NOT going to the NCAA Tournament, in fact, it will finish about 10th in the Big 12.

Honestly, even if he does hook it up, I'm not sure this team makes the Big Dance.

Willie is NOT a leader, imo.

He is too busy pouting around and not doing the little things you have to do to win games. His effort is just plain awful. I will never call out a player for not producing, but I will for dogging it.

If his all around play does not improve, this team is NOT going to the NCAA Tournament, in fact, it will finish about 10th in the Big 12.

Honestly, even if he does hook it up, I'm not sure this team makes the Big Dance.

Ill completely disagree with you there. If WW was playing at an All-American level we would be a tournament team. But after watching him, I would not pick us to make the tournament.

I got jumped on after the Utah game for suggesting that Willie had too many turnovers. He's been up and down all season, but it was like he wasn't really there today. I hate it when he just jacks up 3s all game. Tiny needs to stop getting the stupid fouls too. He makes us better when he's in the game.

Back