Willie Warren to the Thunder

No thanks! WW needs to stick around another year. This is simply my opinion. It cannot cause harm to anyone in anyway, so step away from your internet ledge. ;)

WW isn't a PG at the next level; I believe he is a 2.

Inconsistent jumper, little to no mid-range game (besides a floater), bad shooting mechanics, not very tall or physically imposing. (compared to Wesley Johnson, Xavier, etc.)

WW is going to have to play PG

Inconsistent jumper, little to no mid-range game (besides a floater), bad shooting mechanics, not very tall or physically imposing. (compared to Wesley Johnson, Xavier, etc.)

WW is going to have to play PG

He isn't playing PG at the next level. He needs to find his shot to play 2. Can he really play the point in the NBA? If he is being projected as a solid 1.....forgive me.

Last edited:
He isn't playing PG at the next level. He needs to find his shot to play 2. Can he really play the point in the NBA? If he is being projected as a solid 1.....forgive me.

Isn't that what people said about Russell Westbrook?

He will have to completely retool his game to play the 2, plus, he doesn't have NBA size for that position and cannot match up with most other 2 guards.

The best thing for Willie going forward in regards to the NBA is to perfect his natural attributes and work on being a PG...I believe that is the sentiment most GMs and scouts have conveyed.

He will have to completely retool his game to play the 2, plus, he doesn't have NBA size for that position and cannot match up with most other 2 guards.

The best thing for Willie going forward in regards to the NBA is to perfect his natural attributes and work on being a PG...I believe that is the sentiment most GMs and scouts have conveyed.

Gotcha. You know I hope the kid can take of business. WW is a legit 6'3" in shoes? Maybe???

OKC will take Pittman if he is available.

If Willie knows he's going 21st in the draft, does he still come out or does he come back one more year and hope to raise his stock?

Totally agree with you on RW. He might be the team MVP at this point. (not taking anything from KD who is a star)

Co MVP's would be nice. KD is so much better than last year. Everyone we play can't help but notice what a beast KD has become. RW makes a lot of it possible.

Co MVP's would be nice. KD is so much better than last year. Everyone we play can't help but notice what a beast KD has become. RW makes a lot of it possible.

RW might be one of the top 5 point guards in the league right now. He's been averaging close to a triple double for the last month or so. If the Thunder could get Bosh or another low-post scorer/rebounder they could make a deep run in the playoffs next year.

If Willie knows he's going 21st in the draft, does he still come out or does he come back one more year and hope to raise his stock?

Willie is in a tough position, I assume he will declare, not hire an agent and test the waters (which is what I would recommend). To me, his main deficiencies are size and shooting mechanics. He can't change his height, so there is no reason to come back for that reason. He will get a lot more time to retool his shot working on his game 24/7 professionally than limited hours with coaching mandated by the NCAA.

Also, if he is slotted as a PG, we already have ours for the future...WW will be relegated to the 2 guard, which doesn't help him development wise.

The main kicker, IMO, whether or not Willie comes back depends on how much he likes playing for OU, his teammates and Capel......and I am in no position to answer that question.

If he comes back it could be a Richard Roby type of situation, and in some ways it already is. He could have gone in the lottery last year and he probably hurt his draft stock by coming back. If he comes back again and doesnt prove he is an elite player his stock could continue to fall.

Back