Would you trade Durant for Blake?

If Durant does not sign an extension he will be an unrestricted free agent after the 2010/2011 season.

The Thunder either get him signed to an extension in 2010 or he is a 100% free agent.

wrong ... is will be a restricted free agent after 2010/11 season ...

who says blake would want to be here long term? i've heard that he would like to go play ball in another region.

True, and I addressed that in my first post. However, I think the odds of keeping an OKC kid in OKC are better than a DC kid. I know the majority of my friends couldn't wait to get out of Oklahoma after college including myself, and there is chance Blake has that same goal, but in the end I could see him being on Thunder his entire career since his family could watch him play without moving and he would be so beloved by the fans.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Kevin Durant is a proven commodity in the NBA and a budding superstar, Blake Griffin is not. OKC is not just a college town anymore, it is an NBA city. Making a risky trade like that would just add fuel to the fire that we are not ready for the big time.

no chance, none. I love BG too, but if you wanted to deal Durant, you could get a ridiculous, proven return. Blake hasn't shown what he can do in the NBA and it may be great (17pts 12 rbds), but I doubt it will surpass what KD brings.

If you want to trade KD, get back Carmelo or Bosh. And yes, Denver and Toronto would more than likely both be willing to make that trade for the 20 year old superstar.

no chance, none. I love BG too, but if you wanted to deal Durant, you could get a ridiculous, proven return. Blake hasn't shown what he can do in the NBA and it may be great (17pts 12 rbds), but I doubt it will surpass what KD brings.

If you want to trade KD, get back Carmelo or Bosh. And yes, Denver and Toronto would more than likely both be willing to make that trade for the 20 year old superstar.

I would much rather have Blake than Carmelo or Bosh, especially Bosh. I think we all differ on Blakes pro potential. I have no doubt in my mind that barring injury he will be phenomal as a pro. If I were a GM and had the confidence in this kid that I have, I make the deal. I saw above somebody projected 17 PPG and 12 RPG for Blake. IMO that'll be about what his rookie stat line looks like. I project in year 5 he is a 25 and 13 type of guy. That's how high I am on him. I believe he will not just be an all star, but an MVP at least once. I am prepared to view complete domination form Mr. Griffin.

I would trade Durant for Blake in a heartbeat. Throw in a first rounder... whatever. Sure traditionally it's not a smart decision but being that OKC is a new franchise to the City and this may be the only opportunity to get Blake here, I'd do it. Obviously you run a HUGE risk that Blake doesn't become the player Durant is however most can see that risk is not very plausible IMO. Blake will be a star and while Durant already is, he would never be to OKC what Blake is and would be if he were the face of the franchise. $$$

I don't know that I agree with you but I think their is merit to your argument. If it works out you are a genius, but it clearly has risk. Generally, I believe in only taking risk when the upside is huge. In this case the upside may be high enough to merit the risk. It is very tough call.

Ignoring this OKC argument, I think it is simple to say the answer keep Durant. With Blake being a local kid, it becomes a much tougher decision.

I would trade Blake for Durant. I could care less about the Thunder as it stands, the two games I went to were versus the clippers and blazers and the Thunder was very unimpressive and lack desire to play at a high level. Now if Blake went to the Thunder, I would take more interest in the team just to support a fellow sooner and watch him become a great NBA star one day. So politics and strategy set aside, Yes, I would trade Durant for Blake.

Nobody in the NBA would make that trade. And I doubt Griffin is going to be a star like Durant.

Back