XII Scheduling

CanRiv12

Reaction score
Just curious what the thoughts are on the XII schedule. First, would you like to see the Divisions recognized on the standings? Then, the conference tourney would be formatted like the SEC.

As far as the team schedules, do you like the South twice, North once format? SEC does it the same, but I think the ACC is different.

Personally, I don't have a huge problem with the current format, but it is slightly frustrating to only play schools from the ol' Big8 once (where OU and OSU have a history) and have to play junk like Baylor a couple of times every year.

Last edited:
Just curious what the thoughts are on the XII schedule. First, would you like to see the Divisions recognized on the standings? Then, the conference tourney would be formatted like the SEC.

As far as the team schedules, do you like the South twice, North once format? SEC does it the same, but I think the ACC is different.

Personally, I don't have a huge problem with the current format, but it is slightly frustrating to only play schools from the ol' Big8 once (where OU and OSU have a history) and have to play junk like Baylor a couple of times every year.

I would like to see the divisions done away with for basketball and play a schedule where we play everyone home and away or rotate the teams we play home and away.

Yeah, I think 22 games in conferences is a stretch, but a rotation would be nice. Maybe each team could have one protected rivalry game that would always be home-home. So we'd play Bedlam each year home and home.

Maybe each team could have one protected rivalry game that would always be home-home. So we'd play Bedlam each year home and home.

To do that, you would probably have to do 2 protected rivals for each team. I don't mind doing the Divisional scheduling like we do now, but we should also have it in the standings....since that's the way its being played on the court.

Back