2018/2019 Expectations Thread

I think he has a lot to prove and will prove.

I think We may go small with Muni out of the game, he goes to the 5, Manek to the 4. Both of them can rebound. Odomes james calixte or reynolds in there with them.

I like the idea of using Manek & Doolittle together when McNeace isn't in the game. I don't know how the coaches feel about it but they could basically rotate 3 guys between positions if one of the other bigs doesn't progress the way they hope.

And again, if Kuath doesn't show that he's strong enough yet to handle the Big 12 and Polla doesn't improve the way he needs to, I'd like to see Freeman try to refashion himself as a backup to McNeace. He's not a backup to Manek but if he can rebound a little, defend the rim a little, pass, & run the pick & roll he could be an ok backup 5.

Basically it seems to me that McNeace is probably a 28 or so minute per game guy son the team has to figure out how to get 12 minutes per game from Polla, Kuath, Freeman, and/or Manek/Doolittle and I lie the last option as well or better than the others.

You are probably right, but I am conflicted on this... Did a good player who could have played lots of other places really come to OU to be 3rd string PF and 3rd string C? Typically juco players want to go somewhere they can have an impact.

I bet he was sold on being a backup 5 in year 1 & start in year 2.

Back