2025 Recruiting Thread

simply put:

Kentucky - moved on
Providence - Moved on
USC - moved on

ASU vs. OU

You're move Porter
I hope it's that simple, but as we have seen, if big names jump in late, they can still beat us.

If it does come down to us and ASU, Moser's pitch should be: "Hey, Hurley is the third best coach in his own family. Even I can beat that!"

From my understanding, since Yaya is foreign, he cannot receive NIL in the typical manner. Only way he can receive funds is through scholarship.

So we have to eat into our NiL fund (that could be used on other better players) to pay for godwins scholarship to keep a complete JAG on scholarship? If Fears wants to come then Yaya should be asked to walk on and pay his way

You guys make seem so cut and dry. Loyalty. Teamwork. Have to have practice bodies. Sure guys get processed out. 13 guys aren’t playing. These things come up rarely: if it’s March and fears wants to come. They can help
Him Find a landing spot. That’s almost impossible at this point to cut yaya now.

I know relationships don’t mean much to some of you and that’s ok. But it does to others.

So we have to eat into our NiL fund (that could be used on other better players) to pay for godwins scholarship to keep a complete JAG on scholarship? If Fears wants to come then Yaya should be asked to walk on and pay his way
you wouldn’t last as a coach. Sorry. You it a guy now. Every coach you go against in recruiting will eat you alive.

You think yaya is eating our NIL? You are clueless then…

In the day and age of nil, relationships still matter but money is significantly more important.

Sams family is set. His NIL is good enough. He isn’t going anywhere

credit to Sam for being selfless. Maybe he isn’t getting any additional nil to offset his loss of scholarship. I don’t pretend to know the context, just what some have been alluding. If we are spending money on nil for Sam to keep yaya on scholarship, I feel like that could be allocated elsewhere (like tacking it on to whatever the current fears offer is to, for instsnce)

Inhn
credit to Sam for being selfless. Maybe he isn’t getting any additional nil to offset his loss of scholarship. I don’t pretend to know the context, just what some have been alluding. If we are spending money on nil for Sam to keep yaya on scholarship, I feel like that could be allocated elsewhere (like taking it on to whatever the current fears offer is to, for instsnce)
I understand that 💯. Fears is going to be above and beyond. This would be new nil money. Long term. Not substantiable but short term and less than a month before school starts or close. Itll
Fix itself next year.

WE HAVE TO GET HIM FIRST…!

you wouldn’t last as a coach. Sorry. You it a guy now. Every coach you go against in recruiting will eat you alive.

You think yaya is eating our NIL? You are clueless then…

No debate there. College coaches today earn every penny of their fat salaries.

I am definitely clueless on our nil ops, as well.

FYI, if you are a 5th or 6th year player in football, you are no longer on scholarship, as it's cheaper to put even a PWO undergrad on scholarship and pay NIL to grad classes + apartment than the other way around. It's one of the ways big programs like OU take advantage of the 85 scholarship limit, as we can essentially work to field 105 quality football players through our NIL.

I see no reason why basketball couldn't (wouldn't) do the same thing, especially now that our NIL collective is all consolidated, they should be learning from one another.

With NIL, pretty easy to get a "walk-on" $20-30K that would be equal to a scholarship. I would think as long as they are under the 15 players, even with already having 13 scholarships committed (if Wague does show up), they could still take another player using NIL instead of scholarship money.

And if it is someone as highly ranked/recruited as Fears and his potential, you find a way to make it work.
I've checked out awhile, is there concern that wague isn't coming??

Back