2025 Recruiting Thread

Offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, total rebounds, assists, steals, turnovers, 3-pt shooting all got worse, despite playing more minutes.

False. He had 2 more steals and shot the 3 better at Duke and his turnovers were worse at ou.

At ou, he shot the ball way better overall from the field and from the FT. He had more of every other stat and nearly tripled his scoring.

SeasonSchoolConfClassGGSMPFGFGAFG%2P2PA2P%3P3PA3P%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
20-21DukeACCSR241268553140.3793483.4101957.3331419.737195170965323452139
2021-22OklahomaBig 12SR35351052138309.447113221.5112588.2846480.80020709012551107471365

How do guys who stay for three or four years at KU seem to always get drastically better? Guys who came in with little fanfare like Mason and Graham become All Americans. I was laughed off the board last summer by tons of posters when I put stock in what he said about how McCullar would make a huge leap offensively, specially with his shooting. There are plenty of other teams where similar things happen … guys play ok early in their career, but their skills improve and when they get a chance to play more or take on added responsibilities later in their career, they are ready for it and thrive. Houston is a great example of this. Gonzaga is another. It’s not just blue bloods and elite programs, either. It’s fairly common to hear about guys making “the leap” from one year to the next. So yes, I’d say those guys are developing.

I'm not saying there isn't development. I'm saying it's overblown. I've read on this board all kinds of posts about player xyz going to this or that school and getting developed after being there a few months. I'm saying they aren't getting drastically better....they are going into a system that fits them better. It happens with lots of kids.

Yes, I think some skill development happens. Do I think it's transformative? No I don't. Part of the improvement is playing against better talent every day. Part of it is development. Part of it is PHYSICAL development, which I think is one of the biggest changes at the next level. THAT part I think is definitely a development thing that happens...but also a body maturity thing that happens too.

So I don't completely disagree with you overall. I just think there is more to scheme and fit from school to school.

A 247 reporter is reporting that Jeremiah Fears, a combo guard ranked 38th in the 2025 class, just decommitted from Illinois and is rumored to have OU in his top group. The reporter also stated there are a bunch of rumors Fears might reclassify to 2024. If so, would we be able to take him? Aren’t we full?

A 247 reporter is reporting that Jeremiah Fears, a combo guard ranked 38th in the 2025 class, just decommitted from Illinois and is rumored to have OU in his top group. The reporter also stated there are a bunch of rumors Fears might reclassify to 2024. If so, would we be able to take him? Aren’t we full?
Reporter is Eric Bossi.

In response to UK reaching out to Fears, Bossi commented: "Not sure UK is going to be able to meet the playing time and freedom as a handler that Fears is looking for in order to reclass. He wants to have the opportunity to have the ball in his hands day one"

Last edited:
False. He had 2 more steals and shot the 3 better at Duke and his turnovers were worse at ou.

At ou, he shot the ball way better overall from the field and from the FT. He had more of every other stat and nearly tripled his scoring.

SeasonSchoolConfClassGGSMPFGFGAFG%2P2PA2P%3P3PA3P%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
20-21DukeACCSR241268553140.3793483.4101957.3331419.737195170965323452139
2021-22OklahomaBig 12SR35351052138309.447113221.5112588.2846480.80020709012551107471365
His steals went from 2.2 per game to 1.5. His turnovers went up by 50 percent. His assists and rebounds decreased despite an increase in playing time. So again, which number that I posted is “false?”

Bossi reporting that OU is a legitimate option for Jeremiah Fears, who recently decommitted from IL and is considering reclassifying to the 2024 class.

Reporter is Eric Bossi.

In response to UK reaching out to Fears, Bossi commented: "Not sure UK is going to be able to meet the playing time and freedom as a handler that Fears is looking for in order to reclass. He wants to have the opportunity to have the ball in his hands day one"
We currently have a roster that is universally considered to be near the bottom of our league, and have multiple guys who are likely to not contribute at all. If he is legitimately interested, you find a way to make room.

If push came to shove I would think they could find some NIL dollars and move someone to walkon status ..(see godwin, sam)

If push came to shove I would think they could find some NIL dollars and move someone to walkon status ..(see godwin, sam)

Yaya makes more sense to me.

Maybe Wague isn’t going to make it in?

Last edited:
Porter to Jake...

"Son, I love you. You know that, right? Anyway, you know how I'm on the hot seat? I'm going to need you to transition into a student coaching role while I clear a spot for one more impact player. I'll buy you another car or something. Sound good?"

Just kidding, probably.

Porter to Jake...

"Son, I love you. You know that, right? Anyway, you know how I'm on the hot seat? I'm going to need you to transition into a student coaching role while I clear a spot for one more impact player. I'll buy you another car or something. Sound good?"

Just kidding, probably.
Reid gonna have to get real familiar with the washers and dryers if Fears actually wants to come.

I get a little break and come back to people ignoring all my hard work!? How dare all of you...

jk.

Here are the numbers for "improvement under Moser" from the portal:

1720007147838.png
*Result for the Before OU to Last OU is in the last column with a "blank" label. Making him 8-4-2 in better, worse, same

Other players of note:

Jalen Hill - no improvement (58.8-58.8-53.8-56)
Elijah Harkless - no improvement, better leaving (47-46.8-61.9)
CJ Noland - Worse (50-30.7)
Milos Uzan - no improvement to slight dip (46-44.3)
Otega Oweh - better (41.6-54.6)
Mo Gibson - better, then dipped after leaving (50.3-58.2-55.8)

(Here, Moser is 2-1-3 in development record, giving him an overall of 10-5-5)

All the above can be found on my google sheets:

Edit to add: Hugley IV is a special case, his numbers dipped bc of injury. 51.1 as his good year at Pitt, 57.9 at OU. Still better

Last edited:
I get a little break and come back to people ignoring all my hard work!? How dare all of you...

jk.

Here are the numbers for "improvement under Moser" from the portal:

*Result for the Before OU to Last OU is in the last column with a "blank" label. Making him 8-4-2 in better, worse, same

Other players of note:

Jalen Hill - no improvement (58.8-58.8-53.8-56)
Elijah Harkless - no improvement, better leaving (47-46.8-61.9)
CJ Noland - Worse (50-30.7)
Milos Uzan - no improvement to slight dip (46-44.3)
Otega Oweh - better (41.6-54.6)
Mo Gibson - better, then dipped after leaving (50.3-58.2-55.8)

(Here, Moser is 2-1-3 in development record, giving him an overall of 10-5-5)

All the above can be found on my google sheets:

How does Fears rank in your metric you used to value players?

Back