2025 Recruiting Thread

Issuing a commit watch tomorrow
How did OU get this done ? I know a bunch of big names dropped off and he's reclassifying but he's incredibly talented. I really didn't think he would end up here with the early noise just because Moser hasn't closed on kids of this level.

Next year's team from a talent perspective really just shot up if Fears is joining up.

I know you were in on this in terms of the schollie numbers and the NIL $ slotted for Fears but I'm in shock this may happen and just fall onto OU's plate. Fears is really, really good. Here's a post I found on a Illinois msg board posted today regarding them losing him because they supposedly don't have a spot for him in 24 vs 25.

"Big Miss -

Jeremiah Fears was going to be a superstar for Illini.

He will go down as the biggest miss since Derrick Rose. Mark my words. Here are some other examples of big misses: Eric Gordon, Julian Wright, Sherron Collins, Jon Scheyer.

I listened to Jeremy's explanation that Illini did not want to take him as a 2024. I have news for you. If a 5-star guard wants to reclass to play for your program, then you let him. I know the modern college game is veering towards picking up transfers over high school players.

That thinking is sound, UNLESS you have a 5-star player wanting to sign with you. It is non-negiotable. You do not take a guy that averaged 7.8 ppg in the Pac-12 over a 5-star guard in your home state.

Jeremiah is 2nd in the EYBL in scoring right now. Do you realize how difficult that is to pull off? We are talking about a potential lottery pick, potential NBA All-Star. That is what the Top 5 scorers in EYBL routinely materialize into.

We are going to deeply recruit this miss. I am unconvinced it was merely his wish to reclass. If that is why we are not signing him, then that is a real shame. A miscalculation."

Very good news he’s coming.

I’m so jaded by college basketball recently that I’m already upset about him transferring next season lol
I'll admit I had a similar thought, along the lines of, "Man, I hope OU quickly comes to feel like home to him and he doesn't go shopping for a bigger payday in a year."

People only get mad at leaks when it's to OU.

Hopefully it doesn't change anything, and he doesn't get mad at the staff for leaking it out.

Very good news he’s coming.

I’m so jaded by college basketball recently that I’m already upset about him transferring next season lol
Hey 1 year is better then nothing. We know the deal at this point, he may just end up back @ Illinois next year.

Back