Aaliyah Chavez 2025 Offer

ASGR has updated their class rankings and has Aaliyah ranked as the #1 player for the 2025 class. For that class 3 Oklahoma girls are in their top 25… Keziah Lofton at #3, Keeley Parks at #14 and Janiyah Williams at #24. All 3 of them have visited OU this fall.

Last edited:

What she said about OU:
“It’s not too far from home and I love Coach Jennie [Baranczyk]. She’s the head coach that I usually talk to. She’s very young, and I like how they just play basketball. They don’t try to force anything – no sets. They just go out there and play basketball.”

I think making her final 10 is HUGE. It says a lot about where our program is/is heading that we are being considered as a final school by the #1 overall recruit, which idk when the last time that was.! Hope we land her, but we will see!

We have now made her top 6…my guess is these are the schools she will make official visits to. Really tough group of schools but I now officially have my hopes up.

If we finish second, we might as well finish thirty second. It's good to get in on these these prospects, but we also have to close the deal.

again, i believe it looks good that the #1 overall recruit is even considering OU in her final 6 schools...I mean, when was the last time that ever happened?!! It says a lot about what coach JB is doing and that recruits are noticing her and our program. Seems like great things are ahead for this program!

My question. If OU signs Chavez. Does OU pass on Keeley Parks or take both of them?

I would prefer to hold off on that question until until we find out if she commits. It would be a great situation though. She'll probably wind up at Texas but I won't sell Jennie short.

Last edited:
My question. If OU signs Chavez. Does OU pass on Keeley Parks or take both of them?
You absolutely take both of them. We need a big class in 25 with 6 players out of eligibility after this year…Parks way too good not to take.

Another update behind a paywall…it isn’t as optimistic as I would hope.

Says Chavez leaders are LSU and Texas but to not count out OU and Tech. We just need to get her on an official visit and really sell her on our offense being perfect for her and that she would thrive.

Also mentions Parks and that she is willing to go out of state. But then says the 4 teams to look for are OU, Florida, NC State and Kansas. I have seen her attend about a dozen OU home games so we have made her a huge priority and she must be seriously considering us…I think for her it just comes down to does she want to go to school out of state and experience a place away from where she grew up or stay home where friends and family can easily watch her play.

Another update behind a paywall…it isn’t as optimistic as I would hope.

Says Chavez leaders are LSU and Texas but to not count out OU and Tech. We just need to get her on an official visit and really sell her on our offense being perfect for her and that she would thrive.

Also mentions Parks and that she is willing to go out of state. But then says the 4 teams to look for are OU, Florida, NC State and Kansas. I have seen her attend about a dozen OU home games so we have made her a huge priority and she must be seriously considering us…I think for her it just comes down to does she want to go to school out of state and experience a place away from where she grew up or stay home where friends and family can easily watch her play.

take all of that with a grain of salt ... their womens national basketball recruiting reporter is a college student at IU that is from the NE >>

Back